Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game for the first time yesterday, and realized that storing and sorting all Skill Cards would be annoying.
It is not much of an issue with the core game as there are only 10 characters and around 30 Skill Cards, but that number will dramatically increase with more heroes.
It is already time consuming looking through the Skills deck, and storing them after a game, and it adds considerable time to an otherwise easy to set-up game.

I guess I could build a dedicate storage box with several compartments, but I would try to avoid investing too much time on a such a solution.
Or I could store each individual hero card together with its Skill Cards in a separate sleeve/envelope (but with 50 or more heroes it will take a large amount of space).

So, has anyone else experienced the same issue?
Do you have any other suggestions on how to store all the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
do something similar as they do with deckbuilding games, dividers are your friend.
Write on each divider the name of the character and then you can just put all the skills cards before it.

Then put all dividers in alphabetical order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Considering the backs (and a small amount of the front) of the skill cards and hero cards are colour coded (back for faction, front for faction AND hero type) then it's not too hard to spot who's is who's.

Also considering that the core rules have you picking a faction + possible mercenaries, I will be sorting mine into factions.

Once you know which faction you want, you take the bag with the crew and skill cards and peruse at your leisure - no other player is going to be drawing from it.

The only problem is mercenaries being open to all, but players can just fight over these themselves.

Unfortunately, one thing I did notice with the skill cards is that the colour icon for crew cards is the same colour (white) as the captain skill cards, but at least the backs are clearly marked for which skill cards are for crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bone White wrote:
Once you know which faction you want, you take the bag with the crew and skill cards and peruse at your leisure - no other player is going to be drawing from it.

That is actually an excellent idea: separate bags for each faction. And maybe separate all mercenaries in 5 more bags (one for each class). It'll make hero selection much simpler.

Still, even though the Skill Cards offer so many new opportunities, they considerably slow down game set-up.

I am even considering using paper clips to keep Skill cards attached to the main Hero card. It may work but the paper clips may scratch the cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamarrs Anomaly
Canada
flag msg tools
I just ordered an Ultimate Guard Mini American FlexXFolio binder to store my sleeved Skill Cards (FFG Sleeves fit).

I did a quick count and one binder should be able to hold each available faction (core cards + faction add-ons) as well as a few mercenaries. I plan to use two pages per factions by putting 3 cards in each pouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chromit90 wrote:
I am even considering using paper clips to keep Skill cards attached to the main Hero card. It may work but the paper clips may scratch the cards...

My recommendation to this is two-fold.

1) Get paper clips which are plastic coated.
2) Make sure you add a small kink in the middle of the paper clip to ensure the minimal amount of pressure is applied, else you'll leave a mark in the card.

Personally though, I'd just use some sort of bag, envelope or other container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering photocopying all the characters sheets with their skill cards.
And then putting them in a binder.
Seems like it would speed up picking characters significantly, especially once there's like a million mercenaries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.