11 Posts

The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Late backing for a noob? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gentry
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Id be eternally grateful if someone could explain how late backing works in a kickstarter to someone with zero experience in this...

I've literally just found The game through pure chance (actually a banner on this site luring me into its charms!) but too late to actually take part in the main kickstarter.

It seems we are now at the 'late backer' stage which possibly maybe hopefully means I can still get a copy like everyone else??

If so, I have a few questions:

1. how long can I wait to bite the bullet and create a late backer purchase (I imagine it's charged immediately so would need to save a week or two to get funds). Is late backing a limited time thing?

2. Do I get the full set of exclusive miniatures unlocked during the actual Kickstarter campaign?

3. Would I have the opportunity to add some or all of the optional extras like supplements too?

Many thanks for your help, and sorry in advance - I imagine this is all obvious to anyone with experience in kickstarters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) It depends by the KS Creator , generally CMON late pledge last 3/4 weeks , but not sure about this KS.

2) You get the same things as a normal KS pledge

3) You will be able to add extras to your pledge once PM is starting ( generally after several months KS is ended )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pledge manager hasn't been released yet, so you have still time to get into the campaign. Once it is released, you'll usually have a month to decide what to get and lock your pledge.

Into the pledge manager you can get the main game and all the add ons you want, and will also get all the exclusives like the people who joined in the Kickstarter campaing.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only guessing, but usually a late backer button will appear on the Kickstarter page.

Normally, you get the same as the Kickstarter people (options and exclusives, etc). The reason (I understand you just found SMOG) people pledge in during the Kickstarter is so your pledge will go to unlocking stretch goals; a late pledge won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gentry
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!! You folks replied before I even made a cup of coffee!

Thank you so much for all the answers - incredibly helpful.

One last thing before I pledge - will I be charged the (approx) $120 or whatever the price is immediately (the moment I pledge) or is this all done a few weeks from now once the pledge manager is sent to me?

Again, thank you guys so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Carlson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With cmon, the 120 will be charged now, when you late pledge they will collect an email from you and send you a link to their pledge manager when its available. Your 120 pledge will show up there and you'll be given the opportunity to add on other stuff and pay for shipping then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gentry
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpookyBoy wrote:
Fantastic! Thanks so much!

One more REALLY important thing. Keep yourself informed of deadlines and events by visiting the Kickstarter page often. Unlike regular backers, you don't receive periodic email notifications when something new happens, or action needs to be taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gentry
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh thank you SO much for letting me know! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw a button for late backers on the Kickstarter page for Rise of Moloch, so it looks like you could get in now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gentry
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - I actually contacted CMONs customer service to ask how long the late backer window was open. They said they expected it to be an option for 1-2 months so, fingers crossed, it looks like I'll definitely be able to scrape the funds together easily in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.