6 Posts

Railroad Revolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: pay for worker then promote that newly purchased worker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm just learning the game, if I use a standard worker to carry out an action, but I don't have a worker to promote at the end of the action, can I buy a worker spending 800 then straight away promote that worker to a manager? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so yes. The $800 for a worker I think is at any time on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, I'm just getting my head around the rule which allows you to take an action, then take the reward to be able to pay for the action taken. Think I must be used to playing games where if you can't afford the action you can't take the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Thanks, I'm just getting my head around the rule which allows you to take an action, then take the reward to be able to pay for the action taken. Think I must be used to playing games where if you can't afford the action you can't take the action.
Yep - that catches a few people out.
I sometimes explained it as a very short term loan with 0% interest, but must be paid back by the end of your turn. You borrow some money from Dave... You know... Dave... he always lends people bits of money for the turn but needs it back asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nice way of explaining. Cheers Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is thematic in this way, so I think of it as actually running your own company. If I run a company, in general am I free to hire/fire/promote/train people at my own discretion and at any time? Of course. So it is in this game. The workers are there to serve your purpose, so you have the same flexibility with them that you would have if you were a real corporate overlord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.