Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Hullinger
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after five plays of 2 and 3 players counts, we only see, at most, one riot a game. It seems unrest gets cleared way to easily to ever build up in our plays.

Also, parks. We never get parks out. Our 3 player group has specifically targeted to play park cards and they just seem so few and far between. After 5 plays only one has come out and playing only one park seems pointless if it doesn't increase the prosperity track to 2.

My questions are, how often do riots trigger in your games and how easily are you increasing the prosperity track?

Who knows, maybe we are playing it right, just want to see what averages are in your plays. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Neilitz
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I've only ever played one play so far at the 4 player count. We had either one or two riots. We also had 2-3 parks come out in our play. I think 2 or 3 of the neighborhood prosperity tracks were maxed out. There are a number of cards that can wipe out unrest, but it depends on how risky people are playing and how much other players will try and punish the risktakers. My guess is lower player counts may have less riots and increasing prosperity tracks just due to less cards. My two cents at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One way to 'ensure' riots is to leave too few cubes out in the neighborhoods when immigration rolls around. Then the cubes gets lined up on the unrest track and you're right into a riot. Also, if everyone goes after mines and rolls high, unrest grows quickly.

Re the parks, I haven't counted how many cards feature them, but if you play them for MM instead, of course you will be 'parkless'.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.