Uffe
United Kingdom
Cheadle
flag msg tools
Too many games...
badge
not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about getting this for a while. The main thing stopping me is that I don't often play 2 player games. I know this will play more than 2 players, but I don't think I'd do that very often.

So, my question is, if this game only comes out a couple of times a year, will I have to re-learn the rules every time I go to play or is it fairly straight forward to pick up again with just a quick skimming of a few rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played after an 8 month gap, and though I was very worried I'd be nearly starting from scratch--(I played lots of other games in between)-- a quick skim got me back up to speed. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly it came back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. I usually only get this out 3-4 times a year. I find that the rules are relatively easy to pick up. Remembering the strategies is another story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in a while and wouldn't need the rules to play again minus the setup instructions.

It's not a difficult game once learned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
United Kingdom
Cheadle
flag msg tools
Too many games...
badge
not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
United Kingdom
Cheadle
flag msg tools
Too many games...
badge
not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have no major problems playing this game after a hiatus of a few weeks to months. The turn order and combat round order are layed out on the back of the instruction book, when playing the cards, follow their instructions. The game has a very nice rules reference book for anything you may of forgotten over time, or are unsure about.
I've only had two complete playthroughs with my son, after learning the game with a couple rounds of solo/instructional type play, and I think that I could jump right back into it after a considerable time away, just keep the rulebook and rules reference handy.

Happy Gaming!

P.S. I think you may surprise yourself and play this game a little more often than you think. It is an excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play my board games only about once a month, so this game probably won't get played too much even though its a great game. Fortunately though, the rules are actually quite simple. It's the strategy that takes some thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Brown
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. I feel that although there is a lot of depth to the game, the rules are fairly easy to remind yourself of especially if you print off the Quick Reference Player Aid for each player. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/130954/quick-reference-an...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
United Kingdom
Cheadle
flag msg tools
Too many games...
badge
not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not super good at remembering rules and played the game after about 6 months. It was pretty easy to just pick up and go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
There are some finnicky rules that you might forget or mess up on, but the game otherwise plays pretty intuitively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
uffegraa wrote:
Ordered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.