Popular Tags: [View All]
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried playing with the command cards in a similar way as the BattleLore Command app? ie:
- each player has their own set of identical cards
- 3/0/0
- 2/1/0
- 1/2/1
- 1/1/1
- 0/1/2
- 0/0/3
- 2/0/2
- Once you have played a card it is facedown and unavailable until you do a 'regroup' action. With regroup you activate one unit anywhere on the board and then get all your command cards back
- Each side could also get a few one-time-use cards, like Darken the Skies etc. Maybe you could choose which 3 you got so that it matched your units (casters, cavalry, archers etc)

I feel as though BattleLore 2.0 is the best implementation of the C&C system so far but I have still seen situations where one side just couldn't make the game competitive. For example they were stuck with 2 command cards they couldn't use (like darkened skies and cavalry charge with no archers or cavalry) and the other 2 didn't activate the section they needed.

There was some discussion of this earlier (Taking the good from Battle Lore command back into the table top game) has anyone actually tried it and if so what were your impressions? I might try it the next time I play -- it is easy enough to do; just give the same fixed set of command cards to each player instead of having a draw deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at the rules for Advanced Vive l'Empereur at http://giogames.it. It's a lot like Commands & Colors with the 3 sectors, but in this case, both players have a fixed set of cards. You play 6 of your 10 possible cards one after another, then you take the remaining 4 cards in your hand and select 2 of the ones you used this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rano Noah
Germany
flag msg tools
I wouldn't change anything to the Command Cards, because they make sure that specialized armies don't get too strong.

With that cards you listed, an army consisting of mostly Elites and Legendaries has an advantage over mixed armies.

This is a bad idea in my opinion, that reduces the strategical variety of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
M√ľnster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Moreover, I find the command cards "with text" particularly interesting and would hate to leave them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.