Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Update 62 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted yesterday. Covers the 3D doors, pillars and chests. They're looking pretty sweet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-d...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Djordjevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
Posted yesterday. Covers the 3D doors, pillars and chests. They're looking pretty sweet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-d...



But cinsidering that it took them 1m+ to provide an update, this is horrible... i wa hopeing for final rulebook. If they are only waiting for factorY to open, they should already have final version that they can share
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aleksdj wrote:
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
Posted yesterday. Covers the 3D doors, pillars and chests. They're looking pretty sweet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/massive-d...



But cinsidering that it took them 1m+ to provide an update, this is horrible... i wa hopeing for final rulebook. If they are only waiting for factorY to open, they should already have final version that they can share


True, but I'm happy for any news.

I was reading over the page today and I think it's funny that they said the game was 90% complete, but yet it is taking this long and everyone's saying they're not going to to reach the April delivery date. Maybe all those stretch goal roaming monsters set them back.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Davie
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut feeling says that they won't be that far off the April deadline. Having just received Arcadia Quest Inferno 6 months late and Masmorra 3-4 months late. This campaign seemed better planned and there was less scrabbling around for the next stretch goal. If I remember correctly they only SG without at least a resin sculpt was the unicorn. Then there was the reptiles box, which very quickly had models. They were very open in interview prior to this about the challenges their success in Kickstarters had caused, and they seemed to have 99% of the goals planed and have given themselves more time than previous campaigns.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How could this possibly be delivered in 2.5 months if manufacturing hasn't even begun yet?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
How could this possibly be delivered in 2.5 months if manufacturing hasn't even begun yet?


That doesn't seem correct. Where did you read that manufacturing hasn't begun?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
How could this possibly be delivered in 2.5 months if manufacturing hasn't even begun yet?


If they started manufacturing today, the molds were finished, and the factories had nothing going on to obstruct production that would be easy. One month to get everything made isn't a big stretch if all the prep work is done.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
How could this possibly be delivered in 2.5 months if manufacturing hasn't even begun yet?


That doesn't seem correct. Where did you read that manufacturing hasn't begun?


It says in the update
Quote:
In the meantime we are getting everything ready to start production in high gear once the factory reopens. Once production starts in earnest we'll be able to provide you with an up-to-date schedule for the delivery of this Kickstarter.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
My bet is May - June, that suits me, I have so much to paint still
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they wanted to make this game for a while. Black Plague was the perfect transition to get people interested. This campaign was well thought out and they didn't have to do much when it came to creating stretch goals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
I think they wanted to make this game for a while. Black Plague was the perfect transition to get people interested. This campaign was well thought out and they didn't have to do much when it came to creating stretch goals.


Except for the bolt on campaign story mode that everyone screamed for. This is what is probably going to delay things.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And the fact that people weren't too impressed with the shadow mode.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
And the fact that people weren't too impressed with the shadow mode.


rnickster86 wrote:
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
I think they wanted to make this game for a while. Black Plague was the perfect transition to get people interested. This campaign was well thought out and they didn't have to do much when it came to creating stretch goals.


Except for the bolt on campaign story mode that everyone screamed for. This is what is probably going to delay things.


Both of these things can be left for almost the very last minute before being sent to print.
The delays happen when it's manufacturing that slows down, or runs into a problem.

Doing rules tweaks, fixes, or adding more rules is easy. It won't delay the project at all.
Neither of these things has any bearing on how fast manufacturing will be. My guess is it'll go pretty fast, as that long part is over and the molds have already been tooled. At this point all they have to do is print stuff, and squeeze some liquid plastic into molds.

I would guess we'll have this before end of summer easily.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's crunch some numbers:

22K backers, plus another 10K pre-orders, plus another 8K retail (it's CMON afteral) = 40K base game copies + 32K streach goals + addons.

They will likely split the manufacturing between different factories:
- cards;
- miniatures and assemble and insert
- box and cardboards


Assuming this is the case, and miniatures requiring the loggest production time, and that in average each order including retail contain 120 miniatures = 4,800,000 minis, if they produce 50k a day will take 96 days just the minis.

The box assembling can only start after that, let's say they hire 30 pseudo-slaves that can magically assemble 2000 boxes per day = 20 day.

Right there we have about 120 days or 4 months before shipping can start. Add another 8 weeks on that for fulfilment = 6 month. The game should be with us in August, thats my guess.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:
Let's crunch some numbers:

22K backers, plus another 10K pre-orders, plus another 8K retail (it's CMON afteral) = 40K base game copies + 32K streach goals + addons.

They will likely split the manufacturing between different factories:
- cards;
- miniatures and assemble and insert
- box and cardboards


Assuming this is the case, and miniatures requiring the loggest production time, and that in average each order including retail contain 120 miniatures = 4,800,000 minis, if they produce 50k a day will take 96 days just the minis.

The box assembling can only start after that, let's say they hire 30 pseudo-slaves that can magically assemble 2000 boxes per day = 20 day.

Right there we have about 120 days or 4 months before shipping can start. Add another 8 weeks on that for fulfilment = 6 month. The game should be with us in August, thats my guess.


They may do what they have done for Zombicide Black Plaque and now Rum and Bones 2nd Tide, send out the core in a wave 1 and the rest in wave 2. So it's possible that we actually get the core in April/May with the rest to follow.

I know ZBP core came early (before the delivery date), with the rest coming 6 months later (after the delivery date). Rum and Bones 2nd Tide core is delivering now (1 month late), and the 2nd wave (everything else), left the factoring right before CNY, so we should see delivery in March (2 months late).

Now Arcadia Quest Inferno is delivering now in one wave, and yes it is about 7 months late...

So who knows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
carkara wrote:
Let's crunch some numbers:

22K backers, plus another 10K pre-orders, plus another 8K retail (it's CMON afteral) = 40K base game copies + 32K streach goals + addons.

They will likely split the manufacturing between different factories:
- cards;
- miniatures and assemble and insert
- box and cardboards


Assuming this is the case, and miniatures requiring the loggest production time, and that in average each order including retail contain 120 miniatures = 4,800,000 minis, if they produce 50k a day will take 96 days just the minis.

The box assembling can only start after that, let's say they hire 30 pseudo-slaves that can magically assemble 2000 boxes per day = 20 day.

Right there we have about 120 days or 4 months before shipping can start. Add another 8 weeks on that for fulfilment = 6 month. The game should be with us in August, thats my guess.


What sort of piddly little factory do you think they use for these projects? If they use small molds (which I doubt) 50k per day is what they likely get off of a single machine. Medium size molds would easily go up to 2-4x that. A mold with 8 minis in could be producing almost 10,000 minis per hour.

The same with you box numbers, 30 people putting through only 2000 boxes a day would be 30 people looking for work.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:
Let's crunch some numbers:

22K backers, plus another 10K pre-orders, plus another 8K retail (it's CMON afteral) = 40K base game copies + 32K streach goals + addons.

They will likely split the manufacturing between different factories:
- cards;
- miniatures and assemble and insert
- box and cardboards


Assuming this is the case, and miniatures requiring the loggest production time, and that in average each order including retail contain 120 miniatures = 4,800,000 minis, if they produce 50k a day will take 96 days just the minis.

The box assembling can only start after that, let's say they hire 30 pseudo-slaves that can magically assemble 2000 boxes per day = 20 day.

Right there we have about 120 days or 4 months before shipping can start. Add another 8 weeks on that for fulfilment = 6 month. The game should be with us in August, thats my guess.


Everything relies on your 50k/day assumption. Thus, pulling numbers out of asses is inherently flawed.

You could be right, but only by shear luck.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind getting the core box early and the rest later on. It would give us time to play the core game without being overwhelmed with all the extras.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting the core box early and the rest later on. It would give us time to play the core game without being overwhelmed with all the extras.


Agreed. Worked fine for me with the Thunderbirds boardgame (which was my first Kickstarter - a late pledge) and I ordered even more expansions with this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting the core box early and the rest later on. It would give us time to play the core game without being overwhelmed with all the extras.


This. Might be easier to get to know the game rules and mechanics before I have to magically pick a good setup out of umpteen billion heroes with 0 game experience.

By the time I get "tired" of playing with the core box content, it'll probably be close to Christmas anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
carkara wrote:
Let's crunch some numbers:

22K backers, plus another 10K pre-orders, plus another 8K retail (it's CMON afteral) = 40K base game copies + 32K streach goals + addons.

They will likely split the manufacturing between different factories:
- cards;
- miniatures and assemble and insert
- box and cardboards


Assuming this is the case, and miniatures requiring the loggest production time, and that in average each order including retail contain 120 miniatures = 4,800,000 minis, if they produce 50k a day will take 96 days just the minis.

The box assembling can only start after that, let's say they hire 30 pseudo-slaves that can magically assemble 2000 boxes per day = 20 day.

Right there we have about 120 days or 4 months before shipping can start. Add another 8 weeks on that for fulfilment = 6 month. The game should be with us in August, thats my guess.


Everything relies on your 50k/day assumption. Thus, pulling numbers out of asses is inherently flawed.

You could be right, but only by shear luck.


So it was luck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched a video on youtube of how Reaper makes miniatures. They can do 75K a day, so with the above calc of 4,800,000 it could take them 64 days, but who know what kind of facilities they're using.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:
carkara wrote:
Let's crunch some numbers:

22K backers, plus another 10K pre-orders, plus another 8K retail (it's CMON afteral) = 40K base game copies + 32K streach goals + addons.

They will likely split the manufacturing between different factories:
- cards;
- miniatures and assemble and insert
- box and cardboards


Assuming this is the case, and miniatures requiring the loggest production time, and that in average each order including retail contain 120 miniatures = 4,800,000 minis, if they produce 50k a day will take 96 days just the minis.

The box assembling can only start after that, let's say they hire 30 pseudo-slaves that can magically assemble 2000 boxes per day = 20 day.

Right there we have about 120 days or 4 months before shipping can start. Add another 8 weeks on that for fulfilment = 6 month. The game should be with us in August, thats my guess.


Everything relies on your 50k/day assumption. Thus, pulling numbers out of asses is inherently flawed.

You could be right, but only by shear luck.


So it was luck.


Indeed it was. Good on you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.