Subject: Workers being carried rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
I would buy Dominion: Literally a Punch in the Face. Even if it was a half set.
mbmbmb
So workers can be carried, but only by mechs? I don't know where I got the idea, but I thought characters could also move workers during a movement. I tried checking the rules and looks like only mechs can move workers as that is the only unit that is explicitly stated that can. Any confirmation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
So workers can be carried, but only by mechs? I don't know where I got the idea, but I thought characters could also move workers during a movement. I tried checking the rules and looks like only mechs can move workers as that is the only unit that is explicitly stated that can. Any confirmation?
Front section of the rules describes the pieces and what they can do. Mechs are the only things that can carry workers. Characters have encounters and gain factory cards and are the only pieces which can do those things. Additionally, both Mechs and Characters can be involved in battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, only mechs can carry workers. The summary cards have a great breakdown of what each can do.

Mechs - can carry resources and workers, can participate in combat (providing one combat card each), cannot collect encounters or factory cards.

Characters - can carry resources (but not workers), can participate in combat (providing one combat card), can collect encounters or factory cards.

Workers - can carry resources, cannot participate in combat, cannot collect encounters or factory cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Because many things apply to both characters and mechs, a lot of people assume that characters can just do all of the things mechs can do. Carrying workers is an exception that almost everyone I've played with forgets during their first few games. Usually we remind them when they do it and they have to stop and rethink their move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the easy way to remember it is simple.

mechs - massive death busses.
character - just like your or me. How many full grown adults can you carry around on your back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:
massive death buses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me just add another important thing.

reverendunclebastard wrote:
Yep, only mechs can carry workers. The summary cards have a great breakdown of what each can do.

Mechs - can carry resources and workers, can participate in combat (providing one combat card each), cannot collect encounters or factory cards.

Characters - can carry resources (but not workers), can participate in combat (providing one combat card), can collect encounters or factory cards.

Workers - can carry resources, cannot participate in combat, cannot collect encounters or factory cards, can build structures, deploy new mechs and produce resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:

character - just like your or me. How many full grown adults can you carry around on your back?

I envision the character having a smaller, personal mech and/or a personal retinue that he or she has to transport. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense that the character gets the same movement as the mechs and can do toe to toe combat with another mech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
CowStriker wrote:

I envision the character having a smaller, personal mech and/or a personal retinue that he or she has to transport. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense that the character gets the same movement as the mechs and can do toe to toe combat with another mech.

I know I've seen mention that this is exactly what Jamey (and likely Jakub) had in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
CowStriker wrote:

Yeah makes sense, with the whole retinue aspect.
But maybe their retinue doesn't feel like carrying the workers around on their backs either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.