Subject: Command action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the Command action to recover a defender, can it be used after the defender has already taken an action? Eg. a defender uses the Suppress action and is flipped to their exhausted side. If a defender with the Command attribute is in the same location, can he take the Command action to flip the defender back to their normal side so that the defender is ready to take an action on the next turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark_Hansen wrote:
When using the Command action to recover a defender, can it be used after the defender has already taken an action? Eg. a defender uses the Suppress action and is flipped to their exhausted side. If a defender with the Command attribute is in the same location, can he take the Command action to flip the defender back to their normal side so that the defender is ready to take an action on the next turn?

Mark, good question. I cover this under the Command action on page 12 of the rules. Specifically:

"Place a Command token on Defenders that have had the Command action used on them during a turn. A Defender with a Command token cannot also take an action of their own, and the Command action cannot be used on a Defender that already has an Action token."

So the answer to your question is no, you can't take an action with a Defender (which means putting an action token on it) and then use the Command action on the Defender.

I struggled with this a good bit during the design. It is a fiddly rule, but the alternative (allowing players to essentially "spam" their best defenders) was just too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skirmish_Tactics wrote:
Mark_Hansen wrote:

Mark, good question. I cover this under the Command action on page 12 of the rules. Specifically:

"Place a Command token on Defenders that have had the Command action used on them during a turn. A Defender with a Command token cannot also take an action of their own, and the Command action cannot be used on a Defender that already has an Action token."

So the answer to your question is no, you can't take an action with a Defender (which means putting an action token on it) and then use the Command action on the Defender.

I struggled with this a good bit during the design. It is a fiddly rule, but the alternative (allowing players to essentially "spam" their best defenders) was just too powerful.

I thought this might be the answer. Thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.