Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Fields of Despair: France 1914-1918» Forums » General

Subject: How long of a wait for copy of game to ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin McCane
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I ordered my copy on 3 Feb from GMT and it still hasn't shipped yet. For those that already have their copy, how long did it take for the game to ship?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For an answer to that question it'd help tremendously if you told us where you live... There's a wide gap in shipping times to either California or Mongolia...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I P500 it and I'm still waiting for it to arrive in Canada.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vimy145 wrote:
Actually I P500 it and I'm still waiting for it to arrive in Canada.


I got mine two days ago in Ottawa, for reference.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hammond
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And although I live near Ottawa I do not have mine yet.

The other thing to remember is that GMT likely ships them in the order they were ordered. So a late order has to wait for all the earlier ones to get out the door first. I suspect that is why I don't have a copy here yet

Edit: I should have waited a day before posting. My P500 copy arrived on the 10th...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out last week there was an issue with my payment and I contacted to fix it, then I called again on Monday because no action on my credit card was taken. They said it would go out right away but they still haven't charged me for it.

They must be really busy right now
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually get mine in about a week California west coast to New York state east coast US.

Though I do think that I might have been one of the first to order - not sure if that has anything to do with anything though...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin McCane
United States
flag msg tools
mb
rhammond wrote:
And although I live near Ottawa I do not have mine yet.

The other thing to remember is that GMT likely ships them in the order they were ordered. So a late order has to wait for all the earlier ones to get out the door first. I suspect that is why I don't have a copy here yet


Yea I think that's it. I didn't find out about this game until after it started shipping for the P500 people so I probably have a long wait
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Capitaine Conan," by Roger Vercel (1934).
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dm1985 wrote:
rhammond wrote:
And although I live near Ottawa I do not have mine yet.

The other thing to remember is that GMT likely ships them in the order they were ordered. So a late order has to wait for all the earlier ones to get out the door first. I suspect that is why I don't have a copy here yet


Yea I think that's it. I didn't find out about this game until after it started shipping for the P500 people so I probably have a long wait


My card was charged in early January, but my P500 order is still listed as "not shipped."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dm1985 wrote:
I ordered my copy on 3 Feb from GMT and it still hasn't shipped yet. For those that already have their copy, how long did it take for the game to ship?


I ordered a copy on the 26th of January, and I'm still in the not shipped queue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My order also says not shipped and I'm not sure if I'm getting EU shipping option or it is beeing sent from US.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The shipping status on the GMT site is irrelevant. Sometimes it tracks to reality, often not. It's not uncommon for received games to read as "not shipped" years later.

If you chat GMT through their site, there is a 100% chance they'll reply in real-time with overly friendly customer service and tell you if your order has shipped, and when you may expect it. If chat with randos on BGG, your experience will be much less reliable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vimy145 wrote:
Actually I P500 it and I'm still waiting for it to arrive in Canada.


I called GMT on March 03rd and was told that my game had not been shipped d/t incorrect information with my credit card. I checked and I had not put in all of the correct information when I ordered the game on November 11th, 2015. I put in the correct information and informed Deb at GMT Games. I was contacted by Deb that the credit card was charged and that the game was sent out. This all happened on March 03rd. I received the game on March 14th, 2017. Although it is my responsibility to input the correct information of the credit card, GMT sat on the information for 16 months and only told me once I inquired about the game's whereabouts. I must say that Deb at GMT Games was a delight to speak with. If you are still waiting for your copy, give Deb at GMT a call or email to follow up on your games status.

P.S. Oh what a grand game we have here, I hope all of yours arrive sooner than later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.