Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Davies
United Kingdom
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Having trouble finding the app mentioned on the front of the rulebook. Doesn't appear to be in the app store. Has it been released yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe it's coming out late February / early March. I'm just guessing, all I know for sure is that they're still working on it and it was originally scheduled for January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fikes
United States
Utica
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know delays are sometimes unavoidable, but it seems like they should at least get a placeholder app onto the market even if it has rough functionality and is missing stuff and just fix it with updates since it's mentioned in the rulebook and the game is already available in stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjfikes wrote:
I know delays are sometimes unavoidable, but it seems like they should at least get a placeholder app onto the market even if it has rough functionality and is missing stuff and just fix it with updates since it's mentioned in the rulebook and the game is already available in stores.

So you think they should release a sub-par product leaving them open to a gaggle of negative comments, complaints and low ratings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
blipadouzi wrote:
mjfikes wrote:

So you think they should release a sub-par product leaving them open to a gaggle of negative comments, complaints and low ratings?

...which in turn would then result in no buzz when the actual app comes out, and people not trying it out because they remember the bad first experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like the perfect time to launch my experimental app, Sanitori, which is an interactive piece of modern art that mostly just charges your credit card every month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Davies
United Kingdom
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's not a big deal but if the app isn't ready before the release it shouldn't be mentioned in the rulebook as if it is. Doesn't give a great impression of the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook had to be printed months ago and unfortunately, it is impossible to anticipate unanticipated delays.

Roxley takes responsibility for the delay, but we do not want to release a product before it is ready.

We appreciate your feedback either way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjfikes wrote:

As someone who has pushed many apps through the iOS App Store, Apple will NOT allow placeholder apps, betas, or anything with a single missing feature. They test every link, button, and page in the app, and reject it if anything is blatantly unfinished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Therez an app for this game??? Wow i havent heard of this before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Therez an app for this game??? Wow i havent heard of this before

For now at least, there very much isn't an app for this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the app is supposed to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbyrayiam wrote:

The rulebook says it will have video tutorials (god tutorials from youtube, maybe?), as well as a match randomizer (god selection, I assume).

A Roxley person mentioned in another thread something about AI in the app. So I'm guessing there's at least some limited play options in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
bobbyrayiam wrote:

The rulebook says it will have video tutorials (god tutorials from youtube, maybe?), as well as a match randomizer (god selection, I assume).

A Roxley person mentioned in another thread something about AI in the app. So I'm guessing there's at least some limited play options in the app.

A match randomizer would be fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bobbyrayiam wrote:

Personally I've just been shuffling the gods and using the deal 2, pick 1 method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dapperghast wrote:
bobbyrayiam wrote:

Personally I've just been shuffling the gods and using the deal 2, pick 1 method.

We've been finding that not all the God cards are well balanced (or are, at a minimum, very difficult to defend against or use, depending on the ability). It is my hope, naive as it may be, that the app takes some of that into account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbyrayiam wrote:
Dapperghast wrote:
bobbyrayiam wrote:

We've been finding that not all the God cards are well balanced (or are, at a minimum, very difficult to defend against or use, depending on the ability). It is my hope, naive as it may be, that the app takes some of that into account.

I'm curious which Gods you find to be unbalanced? I haven't found any pair that feel really unbalanced. Aeolus vs Hecate was the only pair we've had where the powers felt destructive vs each other. Aeolus really relies on knowing where the workers are, so playing against Hecate takes the wind out of the sails. The game still didn't feel unbalanced, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bobbyrayiam wrote:
Dapperghast wrote:
bobbyrayiam wrote:

Oh yeah there's definitely gonna be the occasional lopsided match, but then those are over in four turns anyway so you can hop right back into it. Though the method in the rulebook is certainly better for sonething like tournament play, personally I like the random method to see what crazy matchups pop up and for the challenge of winning when the deck's stacked against me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Villegas
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the app? ????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yannickvillegas wrote:
Where is the app? ????

It's in the vapor net!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yannickvillegas wrote:
Where is the app? ????

One of the Roxley staff mentioned on the kickstarter 2 days ago that there's still no release date. So I wouldn't get your hopes up high for a timely release...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seeing as how this app wasn't a game. i fail to see whats taking so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
seeing as how this app wasn't a game. i fail to see whats taking so long.

Not sure why being a game is relevant. Anyway, it sounds from earlier Roxley comments that the game has at least some limited capacity for AI play.
Anyway, it seems like they only have a single developer working on the app, and for all we know they might not be doing so full time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.