Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashley Ward
England
Salford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Before I started doing them myself and after looking around I wanted to check if anyone has certain icons/images I can use for my tokens.

I like to use 10mm clear glass pebbles with a flat underside and curved top. On the flat side faceup I place the image and then apply a felt circle to protect the image.

Currently after 10mm version of:

Clue
Doom
Supply
Batteries
Ammo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any images for you but was wondering about your design. Have you used it before? If so; are the glass stones you use consistently circular or do you have to pick them specially, and do they wear well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Ward
England
Salford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I don't have any images for you but was wondering about your design. Have you used it before? If so; are the glass stones you use consistently circular or do you have to pick them specially, and do they wear well?

I've used the same design for LOTR LCG and got the idea from someone on etsy, I just wanted extra things like +attack and health etc, also use this for a few other games and have some generic exhausted markers.

Due to the convex top of the glass pebble the image is magnified which makes it look great(With a good quality starting image)and makes the 10mm image just the right size for me. Can be bought in multiple sizes depending on what you want.

The pebbles I buy are in bulk from ebay (search for cabochons and ensure they are flat bottoms) and out of the ~500 I have bought I've had to bin around 5. They don't wear much but I don't really travel with them, i'd not expect them to chip with normal use but glass rubbing on glass could dull them I suppose.

Link to the original inspiration as I am working away right now and can't take pictures of mine!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/259397084/lord-of-the-rings-lcg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also do not have images, but I love this idea for the Chaos bag. That might be more chip-prone though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.