Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone reword how you get APs during a Planning operation? The confusion I am having is when the rules say left of the left most. Is it saying that you basically can't get APs unless you have a Paraibo with a lot of medicine, yet not enough counters to fill up the track?

From the videos I've been watching, it seems like if you don't use all of your bands, the band is the highest number medicine box is the amount of APs you get.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say you have this situation on the Paraibo track:
Band = B
Paraibo = P

0 1 2 B B B P

You can use as many Bands as you like from right to left. Let´s say you use 2 Bands. No it looks like this:

0 1 2 B 4 5 P

There are 3 empty spaces on the left of the leftmost Band counter (spaces 0, 1 and 2). SO you can use the Band (move back to Resources) to gain 3 AP.

The same applies if you only use 1 Band:

0 1 2 B B 5 P

Still there are only 3 empty spaces left to the leftmost Band counter.

If you use all Bands for Actions, there is no Band counter left on the track, so you cannot convert any to AP.

Makes sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I see what you are saying.

I had this situation:

BBBP

I use 1 band. Does this mean I can not use the other and get a single AP, or do I get 0 because there are no empty spaces to the left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 0 APs. So, yes, you need a paraibo with enough medicine that you can't fill the track with all your tribes.

And don't forget that if you do choose to not use that leftmost band so as to get APs, that band has to be flipped to its Finished side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
Can someone reword how you get APs during a Planning operation?

APs are acquired during PLANNING by way of a Headman Action. Simply reduce Paraibo's medicine by 1 and increase APs by 1.

Quote:
The confusion I am having is when the rules say left of the left most.

Hmmm.... I think you are referring to acquiring APs during TAKE ACTIONS.

"Left most" means "furthest to the left on the Medicine Track." I go through this in the tutorial, by the way. Maybe 2/3 the way into the tutorial.

Quote:
Is it saying that you basically can't get APs unless you have a Paraibo with a lot of medicine, yet not enough counters to fill up the track?

Exactly so!

Quote:
From the videos I've been watching, it seems like if you don't use all of your bands, the band is the highest number medicine box is the amount of APs you get.

Thanks!

Something like that. Activate your bands from RIGHT to LEFT. Only the LEFT-MOST band can be marked as Finished in order to collect APs.

See if this makes sense: Top numbers are medicine ratings. "B" = Band; "P" = Paraibo; "-" equals empty.

0 1 2 3 4 5 6
- - B B P

In this situation, the left-most band is the one occupying the "2" space. If this band is marked as finished and takes no actions, you would collect 2 APs because it occupies the 2-Medicine space. (Another way to look at this is to collect APs equal to the number of empty spaces to the left on the track, which in this example would also be "2".)

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did mean during take actions, thank you!

This does clear things up! Thanks, Joel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.