Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a list of changes for the updated 1.5 rules. I have seen some changes here and there on the KS but was looking for a list in one place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So close and yet so far...

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/141994/kdm-15-update-comp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a list of the concrete changes only.

Things we don't know about:
the upgraded Lantern armor (only some stats; don't know how it's made
the new watcher (supposed to see some sort of errata)
new hunt events (there have been reference of them interacting with, among other things, survival of the fittest and whips)
of course, the gold knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it only me but I am not so satisfied with this Goöd Smoke Knight as a core box final boss. I know there is Satan with the ivory dragon expansion but I am not so happy about the fact that I need to fight a knight instead of a mystical monster like the watcher. Haven't played the game before (I am anew Backer). Maybe the fight would be epic but in my opinion a knight is a knight and there is always a king or different entity above him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Watcher isn't mythical either. I mean rare, but there are a lot of them. Gold Smoke Knight is a legendary force within Kingdom Death.

Tagged for spoilers because, well, huge plot spoilers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a wiki page for all the KD:M stuff with explanations about the KD:M universe ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crueltism wrote:
Is there a wiki page for all the KD:M stuff with explanations about the KD:M universe ?

No.

The place that we get the most concrete fluff is from the Kingdom Death store- go to the sold out resin minis, and almost all of them will have a good bit of fluff accompanying the mini.

Aside from that, we get fluff that we learn via playing the game and reading the descriptions in the events and at the start of Monster Showdowns.

There's no map, and a lot of it is not put into concrete terms for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right there with you, cruel-- any fluff aside, I think the watcher makes a way better boss than the knight-- you spend the regular game fighting pseudo-knights (i.e. humanoids in armor) every so often, so fighting something conceptually different seems far more appropriate for the boss.

I'd have rather seen the knight as another boss and the watcher fixed as a better final boss if they were adding one and modifying one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
You can also spend the game fighting bizarre/reality bending monsters - Phoenix, Sunstalker, Dragon King, Slenderman... I don't see the logic there.
The knights are, more or less, sub-bosses. Minibosses. So it makes sense that the big bad, the final boss, is this great legendary knight.
But then, maybe that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Conner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Knights are typically in service to greater nobility, though. If the minibosses are knights, the final boss really ought to be a King.

And that utterly gorgeous King fig is just going to waste ;_;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
riffraff wrote:
Knights are typically in service to greater nobility, though. If the minibosses are knights, the final boss really ought to be a King.

Patience, young one, patience... We await the King.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
t3clis wrote:
riffraff wrote:

Patience, young one, patience... We await the King.

We Await the King!

...and the Ringtail Fox.

...and the Storm Knight.

..........and the Rust Ocean.

...................and the mailman with 1.5.

We await many things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Right there with you, cruel-- any fluff aside, I think the watcher makes a way better boss than the knight-- you spend the regular game fighting pseudo-knights (i.e. humanoids in armor) every so often, so fighting something conceptually different seems far more appropriate for the boss.

I'd have rather seen the knight as another boss and the watcher fixed as a better final boss if they were adding one and modifying one.

I like this idea, switch around the gold smoke knight and watcher.

The knight sees that your settlement is on the verge of waking up a watcher, so decides the best thing to do is exterminate it (for the good of some bigger plan).

If he defeats your settlement then the watcher returns to its slumber, perhaps the GSK kills it in its sleep. If you defeat the GSK, the watcher awakens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I have to agree I was very surprised to see the GSK as a final boss. Not sure why he is there, but I figured we would get justification for it in time..

spiralingcadaver wrote:
That's a list of the concrete changes only.

Things we don't know about:
the upgraded Lantern armor (only some stats; don't know how it's made
the new watcher (supposed to see some sort of errata)
new hunt events (there have been reference of them interacting with, among other things, survival of the fittest and whips)
of course, the gold knight

I didn't know the lantern armor was changing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it wasn't the lantern armor, but a number of blacksmith pieces look like they're getting DBK-style upgraded versions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the "oxidized" upgrades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
We Await the King!

...and the Ringtail Fox.

...and the Storm Knight.

..........and the Rust Ocean.

...................and the mailman with 1.5.

King Ringtail Fox Storm Knight Rust Ocean Mailman so I only have to paint one *bleeping* miniature. laugh

I'm thinking no because of the gear cards, but can you just swap mini's and rewrite the fluff so that you can use whichever miniature you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alessio, yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.