Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb
apologies in advance if my request is redundant.

i'm looking for sources of perforated paper for making prototypes of game cards, so i don't have to spend time with a paper cutter. specifically, i'm looking for 2.5" x 3.5" cards on a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper (so 3 x 3). having a devil of a time finding it.

the best i've found are these folks:
https://www.perforatedpaper.com/

i made a custom design (not hard), as they had no standard template for this. the idea would be to order sheets in either standard weight or card stock.

has anyone ever used these folks? any reports on them?
are there other sources i'm missing?
would others be interested in going in on a large order to get the benefits of scale?

thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
damian isherwood
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
not heard of them but have you thought of using business cards?

https://www.grandandtoy.com/en/product/05911_Avery_Matte_Whi...

the link i gave is for a whole box of like 2500 cards, you can get them for less also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. those are 2 x 3.5, rather than 2.5 x 3.5. i'm looking for "standard" sized cards, which can go in sleeves, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielmaterial sells playing cards on release paper: https://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/blankomater...

Even though they actually ship to the USA, it'll probably be cheaper if you find a local shop that also sells these sheets. However, take my post at least as encouragement: Keep looking, what you're searching is out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, that's expensive! thanks for sharing, and thanks for the thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Herr
United States
Palos Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prael wrote:
thanks. those are 2 x 3.5, rather than 2.5 x 3.5. i'm looking for "standard" sized cards, which can go in sleeves, etc.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Have you tried looking for a different sized sleeve? Mayday Games sells a variety of sizes, one of which is 49x93mm, which is pretty close to a business card. Might be worth buying a pack to test them out.

Love your avatar, BTW.

In case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive that threatens Paris, or maybe even... New York, then we can move in and stop them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dunno if there are sleeves, but name tag cards might work

there are at least 2 sizes, 3x4 and 2.25x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.