Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When drawing the initial hand of 10 cards, I am discarding and replacing any enemy breakthrough or ultimate weapons cards.

Is this the proper way to play or have I reduced the dificulty when doing that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
darsh97 wrote:
When drawing the initial hand of 10 cards, I am discarding and replacing any enemy breakthrough or ultimate weapons cards.

Nothing saying you can't continue to play that way, but yes, it would be a house rule. In the official rules, there is nothing to indicate that your opening draw is treated any differently than any other draw.

That means you should discard ultimate weapons cards without replacing them (since you clearly don't have the ultimate weapon upgrade on turn 1), and any drawn enemy breakthrough card should be resolved and not replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Greer
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
darsh97 wrote:

Nothing saying you can't continue to play that way, but yes, it would be a house rule. In the official rules, there is nothing to indicate that your opening draw is treated any differently than any other draw.

That means you should discard ultimate weapons cards without replacing them (since you clearly don't have the ultimate weapon upgrade on turn 1), and any drawn enemy breakthrough card should be resolved and not replaced.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
I have then cheated so far at least once...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.