Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rejecting Required Support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If an ability forces a player to support you, like Renly or Cersei's, can you still reject that support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Abilities force you to "support" other player, they do not force you to "offer support" - so the moment where offer can be rejected is effectively skipped.

That my opinion, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't think this answers the question. I don't remember about arey but I do about Cersei. It's the Lannister player's choice to make use of that ability. If you use it then the other player must offer you support. They don't have a choice. Now, perhaps the OP's question is whether the Lannister player can then change his mind? To keep it simple, I would say that the Lannister player must force support from a player when it is that player's turn to offer support, and the Lannister cannot change his mind later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forced is force. You are supporting them. There is no rejection step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Its not really the Lannister player changing their mind. Let's say Stark has one of Cersei's influence tokens, can she force him to offer her support, then reject the offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
What would be the point? Prevent Stark from offering support to the other active player? That's actually an interesting question now that I (hopefully) get it... I personally would rule it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thematically I like it. It seems like the sort of thing a Lannister would do. Ensure your support then sideline you to deny you any reward.

"I heard a Lannister always pays his debts."
"Oh, every penny....but never a groat more. You'll get the meal you bargained for, but it won't be sauced with gratitude, and in the end it will not nourish you."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.