Subject: Recommend a two player playmat for a Netrunner newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I'm planning to start playing the game and having a playmat that helps organizing cards on the table would help immensely. The official FFG ones are quite busy and I'd like to have something that blends more in the backgroung, but has clear spaces for everything.

Also I'm unsure if the game has developed from the core box in a way that you need "new spaces" for new type of cards?

Also since printing from file here in Finland might be quite a hassle I'm looking for something that I can order online (preferably from the EU).

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check this item here:

http://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/two-player-mats/produ...

The mats are of good quality, although I've only ordered the single-player variety. Having said that, be aware that an increasing number of corp decks create multiple servers (affectionately referred to as "asset spam" which seeks to overwhelm the Runner with trash options). The cards may extend off the mat in this case.

Sadly, this style is more expensive than the official FFG merchandise, but is "less busy".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with the FFG one. I found it easier to keep all of the cards straight when I played my first game. I know you said you don't want the FFG one but that would be my recommendation for this game hands down! By the way, I have the System Breach playmat. I totally forgot when I posted that FFG has multiple playmats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kelly
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:

Also I'm unsure if the game has developed from the core box in a way that you need "new spaces" for new type of cards?

I didn't see this directly addressed here, so I thought I'd answer this part of your question:

No.

While different cycles have on occasion introduced different subtypes (e.g. some assets are also advertisements), the main corporate card types haven't changed: Agenda, upgrades, assets, ice, and operations. Likewise for the runner, all cards will fall under the broad categories of program, hardware, resource or event.

To the best of my knowledge, any play mat that has ever been produced for Android Netrunner will adequately suffice for the game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love the System Breach mat produced by FFG.

Gorgeous, evocative design that doesn't clutter or confuse the play area. Excellent organization of play areas. It really makes it easy to teach new players.

Totally worth it, and should be available through EU outlets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlZog wrote:

Gorgeous, evocative design that doesn't clutter or confuse the play area. Excellent organization of play areas. It really makes it easy to teach new players.

This playmat looks exactly what I'm looking for. The only problem is that it seems to be unavailable everywhere I only found one place online which has that mat, but it is in states and $25 mat would cost $65 to ship. That's just too much.

If anyone has a hot tip that the mat is available somewhere in the EU I'd be most thankful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gryph202 wrote:
I didn't see this directly addressed here, so I thought I'd answer this part of your question:

No.

Thanks for taking the time to clear this up. Makes selecting the mat a lot easier. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask your friendly local game store to ask their distributor for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwalker wrote:
Ask your friendly local game store to ask their distributor for it?

I did. The reply was that it's not available to Europe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The System Breach playmat is available again from fantasywelt.de for 32.95€ plus 12.95€ shipping to Finland.

Edit: Some copies were available, now they're gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlZog wrote:

Dimensions of mat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Approximately 90cm X 65cm. Based on analysis of sample images plus dimensions of the shipped product which is of course rolled for packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.