Subject: an idea to bring it travel around. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since the total number of cards (962 for base or 1350 for all expansion) is almost impossible to bring it travel around, e.g play on train.

Here's an idea may make it possible, that to create a list (.pdf or excel), that you tell it which tile you are on, and how many cards you can bring along. e.g card No.350 & 200cards. So, it will tell you which 200 cards you should bring it over.

I know this idea is not prefect, as you may want to go South when the list only bring you North's cards. and it would be frustrated to reached somewhere you can't find the card. But, I at least you may able to bring it along and play for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lacroix
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
Well, as discussed during the KS, there might be only a few solutions:

- The (ugly yuk) wheelbarrow

- Your trusted sherpa (a younger brother may do the job, if you're ok with him having a crooked back whistle)

- You can even chose the motorised solution (but do remember they are not allowed on highways, so it's better for short distances )

More seriously, I don't think there is any easy way to do it, since by nature you won't know in advance which cards you need (or spoil you some of the enigmas...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quivertime is a case that lets you carry 1300 or so cards in a very small and compact way (shaped like a quiver as the name suggests). I expect that the whole 7th continent will fit in there. Dice and other extra included

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/417979510/board-game-tr...

I imagine the "Flatbed" would be ideal.

That said, can't imagine you could feasibly play 7C on a train, regardless of carry method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Oh come on, you know the only way to carry this game is by goat...

Only if The Goat doesn't eat some/all of your cards. LOL

Nushura wrote:
Quivertime is a case that lets you carry 1300 or so cards in a very small and compact way (shaped like a quiver as the name suggests). I expect that the whole 7th continent will fit in there. Dice and other extra included

Looks cool, it may do the core game (900+ cards)
the case size : 44.4 x 8.3 x 10.8 cm
it means, 8cm square cards need to be lay down to fit in.

Becq wrote:
That said, can't imagine you could feasibly play 7C on a train, regardless of carry method.

Hm, I was thinking for a quick game, start from the last tile, and exploring a bit, may be you can reset the game every few cards, it won't take much space though. But I am doubt if need 1000 cards for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lacroix
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
cori226 wrote:
AnimalMkIV wrote:
Oh come on, you know the only way to carry this game is by goat...

Only if The Goat doesn't eat some/all of your cards. LOL

Nushura wrote:

Looks cool, it may do the core game (900+ cards)
the case size : 44.4 x 8.3 x 10.8 cm
it means, 8cm square cards need to be lay down to fit in.

Becq wrote:

Hm, I was thinking for a quick game, start from the last tile, and exploring a bit, may be you can reset the game every few cards, it won't take much space though. But I am doubt if need 1000 cards for this.

For that you would need only a dozen cards. Namel the 23, 567, 824, 13, 266, 999, 345, 567, 23, 404, 1023. Easy, right?? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
couic wrote:

For that you would need only a dozen cards. Namel the 23, 567, 824, 13, 266, 999, 345, 567, 23, 404, 1023. Easy, right?? :whistle:

As there's a list of cards you always need, i.e.
-- foods, and
-- status cards from adventure cards.

and these you probably don't need all of them:
-- basic with selected characters' action cards
-- near by areas cards (e.g, you may only need I & II)

and selected area's adventure cards,
which if in order and group those number, would be easier than the example you have list above.
e.g : 20-45, 326-470.

possible to bring down the number of cards from 960 to 200~400 when you want a 30mins games to carry around.

To create this chart, spoiling is a must. So, I don't think it will be created that soon, unless Serious Poulp made it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cori,

Regarding the Quivertime Case, if the cards are 80cm square it seems to me they would fit standing upright in a Quiver i.d of 8.5 x 10.

No?

Thanks,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
Cori,

Regarding the Quivertime Case, if the cards are 80cm square it seems to me they would fit standing upright in a Quiver i.d of 8.5 x 10.

No?

Thanks,
Rob

The product presentation seems like it's fit for standard cards size like Magic, which is 65mm x 90mm. When the product size : 8.3 x 10.8 cm, I believe, 8.3 is it's outer size, and it probably thicker than 1.5mm. That's why I think 80mm sq cards won't fit in if you want to stand them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we'll find out soon enough; I have a pair of them on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
Well, we'll find out soon enough; I have a pair of them on the way.

They look great, let us know when you got yours, I may order one as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.