Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Wiese
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first game last night, it happened multiple times where the top row would wipe before the first player card was taken. The rules don't seem to mention what to do with the card when that happens. Since taking the first player card also removes a normal card to it's right (to conserve the action-card ratio each round) it doesn't seem like it should be hanging by itself and not attached to anything. In our game we moved the first player card down to the next row so that it was always next to a card. Did I miss the rule on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Dublin 5
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did the same in our games and moved it down to the next row.It makes sense to do so .Hopefully we're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say something to the effect of "After the Start Player tile is taken, that player must take the leftmost Action card in the topmost row of
the Display and remove it from the game." So, yes, when the start player tile is taken, it affects the leftmost card in whichever row is currently the top row in the display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wiese
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
The rules say something to the effect of "After the Start Player tile is taken, that player must take the leftmost Action card in the topmost row of
the Display and remove it from the game." So, yes, when the start player tile is taken, it affects the leftmost card in whichever row is currently the top row in the display.

Ah that makes sense. Good to know we played it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
The rules say something to the effect of "After the Start Player tile is taken, that player must take the leftmost Action card in the topmost row of the Display and remove it from the game." So, yes, when the start player tile is taken, it affects the leftmost card in whichever row is currently the top row in the display.
Yes, between the examples on page 9 of the main rulebook.

FWIW, when setting up the card display, I set the tile slightly above and to the left of the top-left card; I try to keep it clearly separated from the action cards (because it isn't one) and place it so there's no confusion about how many cards remain in a row (the rule is that you count "gaps", but I've noticed people tend to think of it as "clear when only X cards remain")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.