Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that came up last night.

I want to start out by saying this game is outstanding. I love Barbarossa but the problem we had with it is a runaway leader. El Alamein at least masks that and combats it a but with the counter attack system. That on top of the fact that money is so much harder to come by.

I am hyped as hell to mix the two tho.

Anyways my question about combat. These wernt an issue with barbarossa so I never gave them much thought.

1) During your turns Tactics Phase you play all the cards you wanna play and decide to attack. I assume you have to exhaust all the units you plan on attacking with before you declare the attack to generate the combat points.

2) Strange question, in the book it says that once combat starts you cant play cards, but then it says you can as well.... im not sure how and when you are allowed to play cards from your hand in a combat, and what cards?

3) Last question can you remove Boxes from play to lower the combat ability of a city after you have already declared the attack?

Both of these became a thing last night because of Sand Storm I think the card is named.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like the game. I think it's amazing. That being said, Sand Storm king making makes me super salty.

1) No, exhausting units for combat is an ability and can be used before or after declaring combat. This is important because a card might be discarded as a casualty before it has a chance to contribute. That being said, it's occasionally smart to forfeit units before battle in case you hit a Minefield.

2) Only Supply cards can be played from your hand after combat has been declared.

3) Yes, removing Box Positions is an ability and can be used before or after declaring combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mynameisthis wrote:
Glad you like the game. I think it's amazing. That being said, Sand Storm king making makes me super salty.

1) No, exhausting units for combat is an ability and can be used before or after declaring combat. This is important because a card might be discarded as a casualty before it has a chance to contribute. That being said, it's occasionally smart to forfeit units before battle in case you hit a Minefield.

2) Only Supply cards can be played from your hand after combat has been declared.

3) Yes, removing Box Positions is an ability and can be used before or after declaring combat.

nice! Biggest thing we found thats different, its WAY harder to get money in El Alamein. nobody ever got the money for the 7 cost tanks.

Granted it was our first game, I want wait to add in Barbarossas cards, the ones that let you upgrade your money cards.

so hyped... love the game tho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.