Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
93 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Century: Spice Road» Forums » General

Subject: Pre-order from Plan B Games? Playmat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that if you pre-order this game through Plan B games directly you would get the play mat.

I was unable to find anything but the news article for W. Eric Martin. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/62218/game-preview-ce...

I could not find anything on Plan B's website other than the game itself

Anyone have any information on this?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
I think this was just reporting their intentions. My guess is the preorders will be through FLGS's and not their website.
EDIT: See below.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
I think this was just reporting their intentions. My guess is the preorders will be through FLGS's and not their website.


CoolStuffInc has it for pre-order... but there is no indication of a playmat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Lyne at plan b games. She said that preorders would be open around mid-April.

I assume she meant you'll be able to order off of the companies website then.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The mat is for preorders directly from Plan B, as confirmed in this video:

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I just saw this. It looks like April!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasty man
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does anyone know if you can still pre order and get the mat? i know its silly but for me to get the game i want the mat having seen it. it makes the game look visually a million times better
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Telemicus wrote:
does anyone know if you can still pre order and get the mat? i know its silly but for me to get the game i want the mat having seen it. it makes the game look visually a million times better


Preorder has not opened yet. Mid April from Plan B directly
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasty man
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You so much for the quick answer thought i missed it and had no idea how this game flew under my radar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hoping for a pre-order mid April with a pickup with playmat at Orgins idea. I would love to have that game with me there for many plays.
I'm not sure if this will be possible but I have emailed multiple names from Plan B, commented on facebook picture and sent PM through facebook all asking about this and they seem to be ignoring me (facebook shows the read the message but won't respond).

Been a few weeks now and feeling bummed they haven't even give a courtesy "we'll look into it" type response.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game and playmat yesterday. Both look amazing but the playmat stinks really terribly. I don't know if it was the rush for the very limited release at Play Modena, but it is impossible to play with it so far. 12 hours in and still stinks in the worst possible way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Most printed mats I have purchased have a strong smell for awhile. After a bit of time, it should subside. Leave it out unrolled.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirdspaced wrote:
Most printed mats I have purchased have a strong smell for awhile. After a bit of time, it should subside. Leave it out unrolled.

It took almost two months before I could use the mat I got from Quiver, it smelled horrible. I can only imagine how horrible for you the off gassing is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Looks like Plan B added the playmat to their website but it is a separate item for $29.99. Looks like I misunderstood but I had it in my mind that it would be included with a pre-order from Plan B. I was waiting to preorder through Plan B but $70 total is a bit pricey, I'll probably just go to a local store instead.

This isn't a complaint, just thought I would mention in case anyone else had the same idea I did.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
That was the exact view I was left with as well, bit of a pity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
elacyenwod wrote:
Looks like Plan B added the playmat to their website but it is a separate item for $29.99. Looks like I misunderstood but I had it in my mind that it would be included with a pre-order from Plan B. I was waiting to preorder through Plan B but $70 total is a bit pricey, I'll probably just go to a local store instead.

This isn't a complaint, just thought I would mention in case anyone else had the same idea I did.


Per the item listing:
"This Bundle includes the game and Century Spice Road-PlayMat."

It looks like it will just also be an option to buy the playmat outside of pre-ordering from them, which I think is great.

edit: link to bundle
https://www.planbgames.com/en/home/8-century-spice-road.html
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I either really blind or they're working on their site. I looked twice to confirm they didn't mention the playmat on the game page before I posted. I'm glad to see its included, but I have a feeling the 750 copy limit might be going fast.

edit: price just jumped from $40 to $50 too. They're definitely working on the site getting ready for pre-orders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what the shipping will be.

CSI has the base game for $27.49
So the mat is $22.50 + shipping

Edit: to account for new $49.99 price
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
elacyenwod wrote:
I either really blind or they're working on their site. I looked twice to confirm they didn't mention the playmat on the game page before I posted. I'm glad to see its included, but I have a feeling the 750 copy limit might be going fast.

edit: price just jumped from $40 to $50 too. They're definitely working on the site getting ready for pre-orders.


Yeah, it was definitely only $39.99 when I saw it earlier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that was a jump. My interest is waning fast
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For $40 I was slightly interested but at $50 definitely not.

Edit: Also not interested in this game without the mat, so guess I won't be getting this game at all.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that the shipping will be a significant cost. I'd be surprised if it's less than $10.

So $55 to $60 or more, I can't justify buying from the publisher. That's a really expensive mat, effectively.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
My guess is that the shipping will be a significant cost. I'd be surprised if it's less than $10.

So $55 to $60 or more, I can't justify buying from the publisher. That's a really expensive mat, effectively.


That's how I'm feeling too right now. I think the $39.99 price was toward the max for me. The game looks fun and cool, but the cost after shipping will probably be too high versus just buying the game from CSI. $49.99 with shipping included would probably get me to buy, but I highly doubt they would include shipping.

Edit: Unless that $49.99 is CAD, in which case would convert favorably to USD.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the retail MSRP been announced?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
Has the retail MSRP been announced?

$39.99
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.