The Others» Forums » General

Subject: My idea for expansion. Thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I have my doubts that this game will get more support in the future. I believe that 1vsall games aren't doing so well at retail due to competition(TMNT, The Others, Conan and Doom came almost at the same time).

Monolith already expressed that Conan isn't so hot at retail. CMON already said they will offer limited support to the recent Rise of Moloch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Others feels like a one and done kinda game. They used most/all of their ideas during the KSer and it's doubtful that retail makes them too much money.

My gut tells me that any game that goes heavy with KSer Exclusives will tend to generate more sales during the KSer and less sales at retail. The occasional gamer might walk into a store and see a game like the Others on the shelf and pick it up. Most will probably research it and a little research shows them a ton of content that they will never get (or at least not easily get).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
The Others feels like a one and done kinda game. They used most/all of their ideas during the KSer and it's doubtful that retail makes them too much money.

My gut tells me that any game that goes heavy with KSer Exclusives will tend to generate more sales during the KSer and less sales at retail. The occasional gamer might walk into a store and see a game like the Others on the shelf and pick it up. Most will probably research it and a little research shows them a ton of content that they will never get (or at least not easily get).

Except for the fact that this game was one with very few KS exclusives (compared to other CMoN games): 2 special enemies and a team of heroes. Everything else: most of the teams, all of the sins, the apocalypse expansion, etc. will be available at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be very surprised if they don't make more content for the Others. The game is fantastic and it is rich with lore. R&B got a 2nd season, why wouldn't the Others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paedia wrote:
Sarimrune wrote:

Except for the fact that this game was one with very few KS exclusives (compared to other CMoN games): 2 special enemies and a team of heroes. Everything else: most of the teams, all of the sins, the apocalypse expansion, etc. will be available at retail.

There are 15 KS exclusive minis. Regardless of whether it is less than other CMoN games, it's still a fair number of minis that a retail player will never get.

These represent gameplay options that are unavailable to some gamers and I know that some people will be turned off by not having access to the same game as the KSer person.

I however, however, going on my gut feeling. I played but never jumped into Zombicide. Did they release expansions for that game that were not announced/add-ons during their KSer campaign? That would be a good indication of whether the game did well in the retail market and whether CMoN games has a history of adding retail support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.