Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am going to try the solo system and play Scenario III. I don't see why it won't work just fine. I set up the scenario just as listed and set the CP total strength at 130 which is the total of all the CP SP on the hex/SP table. But I am wondering what to do about the Number of CP Offensives table, what kind of DRM(s),if any, I should use. I think that there should always be at least 1 Major Offensive and with no drm and an average 3d6 roll being 9-12 would yield reasonable results but if the result was 16-18 the 2/2 or 3/0 Major/Minor Offensives result might be too much for this period of the war. I also thought that 1-8 should be the minimum result, 1 Major Offensive, no Minor Offensive. Any thoughts? Also is there any other potential for trouble using the solo system that I am not seeing? The Victory point schedule maybe? TY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent so much time with the system in the late war that I have not given serious time to applying it to the mid-war. Let me know how it goes.

How did you do when playing 1917-18?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since I made such a major mistake with the Total SP and Revealed SP I stopped playing and set up Scenario III. But I was in the second half of turn nine and up to that point I was enjoying the game tremendously. Thanks for all the solo clarifications along the way. This is the best solo system I have ever played. Congratulations. I am very pleased with the game in total both face to face and solo and I appreciate your support here on the Geek.

I really hope you decide to produce an eastern front version for this game. My gaming partners say the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.