Subject: Dice transparency rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Canuto
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Goodmorning, everyone.

As silly as the question may sound, I need to know if the FRENCH edition of the game has transparent dice (like the English one) or the awful opaque dice of the Italian version.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends. I ordered mine directly from FunForge and got the transparent dices (and the void and entanglement add-ons). A friend of mine bought it in a shop and had the opaque dices and neither expansion.
I think you can always ask FunForge to send you the transparent dices and the entanglement expansions if you have proof of purchase, all buyers are entitled to it (not the void tile though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
My copy from CoolStuffInc came with transparent dice, but also came with an extra bag of opaque dice. Soon I found out why: the original dice started getting stickier and stickier. The replacement dice worked like a charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Canuto
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
islan wrote:
My copy from CoolStuffInc came with transparent dice, but also came with an extra bag of opaque dice. Soon I found out why: the original dice started getting stickier and stickier. The replacement dice worked like a charm.

Sticky dice? Eeek! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Novag wrote:
Sticky dice? Eeek! yuk

Yeah, I don't know if that's the case with more recent printings, but it was pretty gross. Didn't notice any problem at first until I picked up the green dice. Then every time I opened the box, all the dice seemed to get stickier and stickier. The replacement dice weren't as shiny, but they were a welcome change at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turkilas
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My French edition has transparent dice (they don't really seem that at the first glance but if you squint you can see the pips on the other side). Minor stickiness and deformity.

I wonder if they still replace dice and if I'm eligible since my copy is second hand (no original proof of purchase left).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:
Novag wrote:
Sticky dice? Eeek! yuk

Yeah, I don't know if that's the case with more recent printings, but it was pretty gross. Didn't notice any problem at first until I picked up the green dice. Then every time I opened the box, all the dice seemed to get stickier and stickier. The replacement dice weren't as shiny, but they were a welcome change at that point.

I bought the game back when it was first released and had the infamous greasy/sticky dice problem - Although I received the replacement dice (and Void expansion tile for free), I still preferred the look of the older dice so I simply scrubbed them with soap and water - problem fixed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.