Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is the best forum for this .. but which one would be more appropriate? wow

Poll
Why did you primarily buy Masmorra?
New AQ heroes. No interest in playing Masmorra.
Primarily to use the characters in AQ but if the game would prove fun, that a nice extra
I expected the game to be fun but extra AQ heroes is also rather important
Mainly for playing Masmorra. AQ crossover is just an afterthought/bonus.
What's Arcadia Quest?
Other ..
      55 answers
Poll created by Teowulff

Personally I pledged for all the crossover KSE miniatures. There's quite a few very strong heroes among them that I didn't want to miss in AQ. I still haven't played Masomorra yet - but some heroes have already been used in AQ. I also have the Adventurer's Set.

An additional question is: what is in your opinion the best crossover team to use in Arcadia Quest?

Mine is:
Blossom (2/3) - ignores defense when using a bow. Great PvP hero.
Hyldir (1/5) - use every axe and hammer attack twice. Maya but for hammers and axes.
Valerie (3/3) - every kill heals one wound from her and every ally. Great long distance healer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Favourite Masmorra team in AQ
Coolminiornot chibi models to paint was an instaback for me.

Being able to use these in AQ is awesome.

They already had me with the models,
I even get another game to use my models in,
and this game has a fast setup time,
SCORE so many wins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Masmorra because of its dungeon-laying mechanic. I always want a game like that and while Arcadia Quest was great, it lacks random mission like what Masmorra is. That the minis are cross-over with AQ is a great bonus for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed Masmorra because is looked fun and I loved the dice puzzle every turn, but extra AQ heroes did help too as I missed out on the first AQ kickstarter and therefore only have base game heroes so far.

With Inferno joining the collection shortly, I will be stocked up on heroes for both games for probably the end of time though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I backed Masmorra first on Kickstarter after being a fan of other CMON games and before I really knew of Arcadia Quest. The tie in peaked my interest and I late pledged AQI. Before it arrived I bought the original and BTG. I could not be more happy with the entire game collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Love that the Title for this thread and the OP are completely different than the poll which seems randomly out of place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I Love that the Title for this thread and the OP are completely different than the poll which seems randomly out of place.

Lol yes there you have a point. I didn't expect that people would reply to the poll instead of the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
I have the 2 KS boxes
I don't really plan to use Masmorra mini in AQ.

The problem for me is that the style is really different.
While in AQ you get movies and VG characters mostly and despite the chibi style they still get a comic character, in masmorra its 100% standard chibi, not remotely comparable to the depth of AQ heroes.

If anything i plan to get a crossover kit and play AQ characters in masmorra....

Got it because i have a casual boardgame Group and i hate party games, so i need gams with easy rules but at least some depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:
I have the 2 KS boxes
I don't really plan to use Masmorra mini in AQ.

The problem for me is that the style is really different.
While in AQ you get movies and VG characters mostly and despite the chibi style they still get a comic character, in masmorra its 100% standard chibi, not remotely comparable to the depth of AQ heroes.

If anything i plan to get a crossover kit and play AQ characters in masmorra....

Got it because i have a casual boardgame Group and i hate party games, so i need gams with easy rules but at least some depth.

Well .. I have no idea who half of the AQ minis are supposed to resemble .. so for me that's not a consideration. For me it doesn't add any depth.

And although the AQ heroes are generally more detailed, you hardly see the difference when they're on the board. AQ heroes already came in different sizes; some retail heroes and the BtG heroes are already a bit bigger than the original 12 AQ heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept my AQ:I pledge to use the heroes in Masmorra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.