Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Malaphyas Throne - Cultist/Dark Ritual question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurgan Loathemane
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I have some questions about how the summoning of the Dark Watcher works in this room.

I understand that the room is divided in 5 sections. The Cultists are spread along 4 of them, and to attack them I need to be in their room.

So, do I have to: Kill the culsting on the entrance, move into a room, kill the cultist, move to another room, kill the cultist....this for the 4 Cultists in the same turn we enter the throne, or if not, at the end of the turn, one of them will be replaced for a Dark Watcher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are mixing things up.. the rules for the Dark Ritual in the "Evil Wizard's Throne Room" only says that when there is only one cultist left, he will be replaced with a Dark Watcher.

The way I read this, is that we don't have to kill all of the cultists at one go, but we should kill the final 2 in just one go, because if there is only 1 cultist there is not defeated at the end of a player's turn, this cultist will become the Dark Watcher.

I think you are mixing it up with the Dark Ritual Room (medium sized room) in which you do have to kill the 3 cultists in a single attack, or one of them will become the Dark Watcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Mac Cool
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about it, what's the motivation to kill more than two of the Cultists in the throne room?

Can't you just ignore the two in the side rooms? They're never going to come out for you, so why not leave them? Dark Watchers are bad news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finn Mac Cool wrote:
Thinking about it, what's the motivation to kill more than two of the Cultists in the throne room?

Can't you just ignore the two in the side rooms? They're never going to come out for you, so why not leave them? Dark Watchers are bad news.

They are there to provide Treasure cards for the heroes. That's about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
I think you are mixing things up.. the rules for the Dark Ritual in the "Evil Wizard's Throne Room" only says that when there is only one cultist left, he will be replaced with a Dark Watcher.

The way I read this, is that we don't have to kill all of the cultists at one go, but we should kill the final 2 in just one go, because if there is only 1 cultist there is not defeated at the end of a player's turn, this cultist will become the Dark Watcher.

I think you are mixing it up with the Dark Ritual Room (medium sized room) in which you do have to kill the 3 cultists in a single attack, or one of them will become the Dark Watcher.

You are right, the medium tile confuses people. The Dark Ritual Room medium tile requires that you kill all 3 Cultists on the turn they are spawned or one will turn into the Dark Watcher.

In the Throne Room large tile, the Cultists are in different rooms and do not move. As soon as there is one left (and this should happen as soon as the 3rd one is killed) replace him with a Dark Watcher in the center room. You cannot kill the last 2 in one go, because they are in different rooms. So if anyone kills that 3rd Cultist, the Dark Watcher will spawn.

I hope this helps and that you all are enjoying the game as much as I am!

PS: Tracking says I should get my Arcadia Quest Inferno pledge today, I'm excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.