Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But I remember buying two copies on close-out for $10 each from Kay Bee Toys in the early '90s. I used the pieces as a cheap way to expand Space Hulk and make my 40k armies.

Was it something else that I bought? Was this not released in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Could you possibly be thinking of Advanced Space Crusade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lastalchemist wrote:
Could you possibly be thinking of Advanced Space Crusade?

No. Never had that.

I wonder if my Kay Bees just got some imports or something when they closed out?

Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikipedia is edited by people that don't know any better....about anything.

Take it with a grain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely had a US release, I remember seeing it at Toys R Us in Mesquite, TX ... so yeah.

Not sure where this 'was never in the US' info came from, but I hear it every few years, when people reminisce about Hero Quest/Battle Masters/ Etc.

Advanced Space Crusade also had a US release, I worked at a Game Store when it was out, although it was easy to confuse with Tyranid Attack, because I believe they had the same box art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool.

That's what I thought.

I remember being so stoked to find it. I was in High School at the time, and GW were, for the most part, totally out of my price range. I got Space Hulk as a combined Xmas / birthday present, and when I found Space Crusade for only $10 I just couldn't believe it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It featured the Chaos Androids before they became Necrons.

Their only other appearance was in Epic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mb
Space Crusade was never released in the US.
But you were lucky because it was imported from the UK in your country, precisely by Hasbro Inc (MB USA) via Hasbro Inc (Uk).

Games Workshop refused to import Space Crusade in the USA since it wasn't one of their product.
To be more clear, it was also the time to Hasbro Inc to stop their business relation with third parties.
Only good memories with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aquilaprime wrote:
It definitely had a US release, I remember seeing it at Toys R Us in Mesquite, TX ... so yeah.

Not sure where this 'was never in the US' info came from, but I hear it every few years, when people reminisce about Hero Quest/Battle Masters/ Etc.

Advanced Space Crusade also had a US release, I worked at a Game Store when it was out, although it was easy to confuse with Tyranid Attack, because I believe they had the same box art.

Advanced Space Crusade had different box art- but they used the same components (same minis and same board, but different rules to go with them). I believe that both games were expandable using most of GW's lineup of Tyranids and Space Marines as well.

Tyranid Attack was like a second take on ASC- you would wrap the board around and keep exploring instead of having the fairly complex exploration rules in ASC.

I have long thought that Space Crusade wasn't around in the US. I bought a copy in Scotland, but none of my friends here in the US played it back in the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Drew - I also bought my copy in Scotland. My dad was in the Navy, stationed in Edzell. You didn't happen to be there or in Aberdeen, did you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.