stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(I apologize for my weak English skills)
My name is Stéphane, I’m here humbly for an overview of my 2nd game, a thematic (abstract) strategy game for 2-4 players.

My main inspiration sources for the game mechanics are Chess, Japanese console ‘wargames’ of the late '80 like Nectaris and Advanced Military Commander and PC 3D shooters game modes like Domination and King of the Hill.

Art: I did all the arts, hope you like.

For 2 or 4 players, 2vs2 and a 3 players King of The Hill variant.

The final game will be magnetic, with 4 game boards and custom shaped pawns (also magnetic), everything packed in a small and portable box. I plan to release the game for Essen 2017.

Full English and French rules are now available in the next post
See you soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
The English, French, Italian and German rules are now available.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/223745/antagonism/fi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Seems relatively understandable. Wording could be a little more clear. But overall seems ok.

Lets see if I got this all right then?

Pawns can move a number of spaces dependent upon their colour. They must move in a straight line.
Pawns can stack. This increasing the attack and defense value. 3 total.
Pawns can detatch and move on their own from a stack. Effectively the bottom pawn acts as a carrier.
Blue Pawns can move through clouds and Warps.
The Black pawn has an attack 3 and a defense 1. If the players black pawn is lost then they are eliminated from the session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You've done a very quick summary, basically it's right, except that not only the Blue Pawns can move in the electromagnetic cloud but only the Blue Pawns can cross the cloud without penalty. The others pawns can only move one space in the cloud. This is explained on the right under the Vertigo scenario.

Thanks for checking the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I did a custom magnetic pawn for the game! I wanted to avoid this step as a mold is very expensive. Unfortunately the small standard magnetic pawns are very hard to grab and not suited for my game as you must grab and stack the pawns.
Below you can watch a little video with and without gloves 'Standard vs custom magnetic pawns'

Also to avoid extra costs with the manufacturer is extremely useful to learn to model and have a little 3D printer to test your creations. Here a little video of the printing process

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have updated the pictures with the final arts in the first post and added French rules in the second post. Hope you like!

The last few days I have painfully converted the arts to CMYK and submitted the artworks and the 3D custom pawns to the manufacturer for a prototype.

I plan to launch a Blitz Kickstarter campaign end of April. I'm a bit nervous about this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the issue with the prototype?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
What was the issue with the prototype?

The boards were magnetized, but the magnetism was not consistent. In some spots the magnetism was inverted! If they can't fix the issue or they cannot guarantee good quality for every boards, we will switch to a metal board between the printed layers like for my home made prototype.
Another smaller issue was the wrong magnets used for the pawns. They used Neodymium magnets (extremely strong) instead of Ferrite magnets. Very easy to fix.

BTW. I will be present with a prototype (hopefully the full prototype) at the Swiss convention Basgame 2017 in Basel, Switzerland, on Mai 13 http://www.basgame.ch/sponsors/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added English and French digital QuickRules. I'm still unsure if I need to add the QuickRules to the game.
About the boards; with the manufacturer we decided for a metal layer instead of a magnet layer (quality was not guaranteed). Needs some tests to find the best solution.

QUICK RULES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane perriard
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi, I have updated the Rules and finally added German Rules.
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/223745/antagonism/fi...

Let me know if something is unclear or wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good.

Movement and attacking images could have been a little more detailed showing the steps possibly. But works as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.