Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: poll should have been poorest KS project. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was on the KS site earlier and noticed 2 things,,,firstly a link for voting for most anticipated game of 2017!!...LOL really???...how do we know we are getting it this year?...pity they didn't have a poll for poorest run KS ...this project would have won it by a mile!!.and secondly, I see Ares devs were online introducing their new KS project...says it all.they cant even deliver this one shake...and we don't even know when we are getting the phantom "second wave" [remember that wave.it was originally split so we would get the main game by xmas 2016.]my guess well into next year.lets just hope we get "|wave1" by xmas this year at least!!

what a mess its beenshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need a hankie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no thanks Chris but thanks for the offer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
...pity they didn't have a poll for poorest run KS ...this project would have won it by a mile!!

That depends if we let you cast 1000 votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed all their projects and while they do take awhile . I have yet to be upset when it arrives . the fit and finish is fantastic .. good job ares love your games ! Can't wait for this one . It's going to be great !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is hardly the worst KSer campaign ever. I've seen worse. I'm on one that has been delayed much longer than this one and that I suspect will never be delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares should just give you a refund.

I suspect everyone would then be happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe someone could start a thread complaining that Gary has not run hie own KS campaign to show us how to do it right? He seems to know more than anyone else.

Of course it is his right to complain. It is our right to not enjoy hearing about it anymore.

It would be "polite" of Gary to put some sort of warning in his thread titles (like "grousing") so that those tired of his complaints could just skip them. BGG does not provide any way of warning people about thread content other than by titles - Which is why "polite" people use the word "spoiler" in titles of threads that "turn the surprise".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
i was on the KS site earlier and noticed 2 things,,,firstly a link for voting for most anticipated game of 2017!!...LOL really???...how do we know we are getting it this year?...pity they didn't have a poll for poorest run KS ...this project would have won it by a mile!!.and secondly, I see Ares devs were online introducing their new KS project...says it all.they cant even deliver this one shake...and we don't even know when we are getting the phantom "second wave" [remember that wave.it was originally split so we would get the main game by xmas 2016.]my guess well into next year.lets just hope we get "|wave1" by xmas this year at least!!

I completely agree Gary, what a total disaster. When (if) my pledge comes in, I'm gonna throw it on the grill and set it on fire.

If your lucky I'll post it on YouTube for all to see.

If you like, send me your copy and I'll do the same to it.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
tootz wrote:

Are we going to be hearing this same statement next year in the Mythic Battles: Pantheon forum when that starts running late?

Maybe you should be saving these complaints for the Kickstarter comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have to ask, do you have some personal grudge with the title? Or the company, may be? You can take it to them and ask for a refund.

Please, you've been posting basically the exact same comment every other day for quite a while now. And what's even the point? It's like you are calling 112 (911 for our US friends) every 30 seconds. The ambulance won't get to your home sooner this way. And neither will the game, in our case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
pity they didn't have a poll for poorest run KS ...this project would have won it by a mile!!

You obviously didn't back Shadows of Brimstone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
If you have no self-control then stop backing stuff on KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
If you have no self-control then stop backing stuff on KS.

The irony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:

You claim you've been on many KSs, yet a huge project that's LESS than half a year delayed makes you whine?? And: Are you really saying you expect Ares to rent some kind of huge warehouse for all the goodies THAT THEY SHOWED US PICTURES OF IN UPDATE #53. Just to store them until next year and not deliver our pledges? Clearly, you've not even considered the scale of the project nor do you try to understand Ares' decisions. Which as far as I can tell, have all been in favor of us KS backers.

TL;DR: Stop whining, get a life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley White
msg tools
You really believe this KS has been run worse than anything by Megacon Games has?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly... why you still keep the "Sword & Sorcery fan badge"?
While every single day, in every single thread, you throw bad thoughts about
Me, Gremlin Project or Ares Games...
So do you think this is fan for us? Or that Ares is happy to
to keep retail copies in their warehouses instead to selling them and make money (as most of the other KS creators do... I usually see other KS games in stores before my copy is delivered...)
Ares makes a promise, and they respect the backers, so no retail copies will be distributed.
For the rest, please take a plane, go in China and use your skill to speed up the production, cause none uf us can do anything more than what was already done
About the Wave 2, it should arrive few months later than Act I, even in this case, Ares is not publishing the ETA simply because is not assured yet, and not because they are "bad guys"

I hope you will understand that writing every day your bad feelings about us and the game... is not helping anyone...
We are working hard to deliver a nice product, despite the many difficulties that a huge production like this has... painting us like money thieves or dishonest people is not... Useful? Right? Helpful?

That's all...

Sincerely

Simone Romano
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Honestly... why you still keep the "Sword & Sorcery fan badge"?
While every single day, in every single thread, you throw bad thoughts about
Me, Gremlin Project or Ares Games...
So do you think this is fan for us? Or that Ares is happy to
to keep retail copies in their warehouses instead to selling them and make money (as most of the other KS creators do... I usually see other KS games in stores before my copy is delivered...)
Ares makes a promise, and they respect the backers, so no retail copies will be distributed.
For the rest, please take a plane, go in China and use your skill to speed up the production, cause none uf us can do anything more than what was already done
About the Wave 2, it should arrive few months later than Act I, even in this case, Ares is not publishing the ETA simply because is not assured yet, and not because they are "bad guys"

I hope you will understand that writing every day your bad feelings about us and the game... is not helping anyone...
We are working hard to deliver a nice product, despite the many difficulties that a huge production like this has... painting us like money thieves or dishonest people is not... Useful? Right? Helpful?

That's all...

Sincerely

Simone Romano
Hi,Simone.

I wear the badge because I'm still looking forward to receiving the game! and I'm sure I will love the game..i do have 2 other oops 3 other games by you guys so quality and gameplay isn't an issue.
the game itself hasn't been critised by me..the one and only problem ive had.was the constant changing of plan..resulting in loss of faith in you guys to deliver in a reasonable time.but I haven't pulled my pledge.that was never an option.as I know the problems KS do have.
one thing I have learnt over the last year is..if the parts are being made in China expect a long delay.
but still looking forward to receiving the game.when it arrives.and do wish you all the best going forward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and finally my VERY LAST COMMENT on the matter...I like everyone else is allowed to be critical of something ive bought into.and this forum does free speech.or it did the last time I read the rules.
some of the flaming has bordered on rude..uncalled for but that's my last word on this game.[until it arrives].looking forward to getting it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sorry Gary, but you've just taken an U turn and contradict yourself on several points.

You claim that you have a fair experience with KickStarter and are completely aware of the issues and delays that accompany any such project. And that your issue is with the reported change of plans, not the delays, communication, etc. Well, those go together. Any issues lead to delays until they are resolved, and any delays lead to a change of plans, aka pushing the delivery date.

There is no specific single milestone in a project where all delays are traditinally taken into account and then reported under the form of a new estimated date of arrival. Rather, they pile up as new issues arrise and require several revisions. Which then Ares communicates to us. Which is the thing you keep on complaining about.

Moreover, here is where we get to the heavy part. You are saddened by how certain posters here have said things, that according to you have been rude and/or insulting to you, citing that there is a freedom of speech. Yes, there is indeed one and nobody is going to deny you that, and I am sorry if you've been offended by anything we, your fellow backers (comrades! Soviet style!), have said.

Then again, you've been doing exactly that yourself for the past... month or two; I am not keeping track. In various threads in this discussion board. Heck, in all the recent threads in this discussion board, be them related to the fulfillment in any way, or not. And in those posts of yours, you keep on slandering Ares and/or Gremlins, constantly chipping on their goodwill and reputation, even going as far as likening their entire S&S project and the massive effort behind it as a scam. I honestly don't know if you are seeing it this way yourself, but that's how it comes out. Clear your mind, go back and reread your posts, as if they've been written by a 3rd party. Here, I will help you out in understanding what I mean:
- Ares/Gremlins beat the competition and get various rewards. Your reaction: "LOL really". "poorest run KS! this project (...) by a mile!!". "Ares (...) introducing their new KS project...says it all". "phantom "second wave"!". "its about time a bit of honesty (...) but I'm not holding my breath!".

These are all your words. And then you come and claim that you are a staunch supporter of theirs. How exactly? If I keep on telling people that a certain company is dishonest, bashing on their team and their product, quality, implying that they are lying to their customers, in what way could I pass along as their supporter? By buying a copy of their product at the end and then going silent after months of active calumny? Okay, you've given them your money, and that's a fact, a pure financial statement that will get a reflection under the bottom line at the end of the year. But may be your words cost them way more in the meantime, resulting in a loss of other potential customers, who read your posts and decided to take their wallets elsewhere. I am sorry, but that's nothing like being supportive. The very title of this thread, those 7 words you've typed yourself, tells it all. Can't you really see it? Can't you see that you even somehow managed to personally provoke and offend a guy like Simone, who is otherwise quite a cheerful person and who is working his bottom off along with his team in order to get us a good product in the best way possible? If not, then I'll advise you to just back off, addopt a more silent attitude on the issue of delivery (honestly, with such a vast game, there is a lot more to talk about!) and just wait it out. It won't even take long at this point. I've given you that same advice at least two times myself during the past couple of weeks.

If, however, you see the consequences of your actions, then you are a troll. And I've wasted my time. But may be I managed to lift the shroud of badmouthing you've been struggling to cast on from another person's eyes.

tootz wrote:
and finally my VERY LAST COMMENT on the matter

Pinky promise? I am sorry, this is kind of rude of me, but I've seen you issue this exact statement at least 3 times now. Quite possibly in the past week alone.

As for everybody else, I apologise for my lengthy comment above. You guys don't deserve to read long and heavy posts on this issue. And I also have to apologise for my poor command of English. Working on it, though. Rather, we have to discuss the game itself. Bring the joy of anticipation back.

And in this regard, Simone, could you throw us a bone to get us on the right track again? Preferably in another thread? That unboxing video would work like a charm !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a week ago you said you weren't going to post any more of your incessant complaints about the S&S KS. I didn't believe it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
some of the flaming has bordered on rude.

I guess I may have been one of those bordering on rude. Which I want to apologize for. There were two reasons I guess.

The past week hasn't exactly been kind to me, is one.

The other is: I didn't (and still don't) see any good in your post. Like, I can't fathom why anyone would go about and post a thread with a title like this. You can't expect to speed up the KS this way. You can't expect to get a new timetable (apparently, you also wouldn't want one). So baseline: Your post doesn't actually help change anything about what you perceive as a major problem.

As you've seen before, your sentiments aren't shared by too many people (I think exactly NONE in this thread, for example). So it seems more of your problem with the KS than a problem of the KS. So baseline: Your post doesn't actually rouse people from a "slumber" and get them actively working and trying to find solutions to what you perceive as a problem.

Nor do you yourself make any positive suggestions.

Finally, the only thing I could think of was you were just trying to vent your frustration. On Ares, on Gremlins and on the world at large. Which you have done before. And which, generally speaking, doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Still, you have your right to speak. And everyone else has a right to answer to you. No-one (including you) should get to the point of being rude, however. So I will apologize to you. Will you apologize to Gremlins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone should have the right to free speech AND to face the consequences of their words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Not even close!

Late? Sure.
Good communication? You bet!

Heck, I got some I'm still waiting for since 2014, and we get a 6 month update of "still working on it"....

At least this one, I can track the progress on it, so I'm good so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THe award for the poorest KS is reserved...for Shadows of Brimstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.