Attack on Titan: Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Wound cards? (Yes, another) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joel azpe
Mexico
flag msg tools
Here's my question
If I have 2 or more Wound cards in my hand at the start of my turn I must play all the Wound cards at the same time before anything else and then I die immediately or survive until I play/gain another Wound

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You die as soon as you play that second Wound from your hand. When you have a death hand like that, step in the way of a bunch of Titans and go out in a blaze of glory. All those extra Wounds in your discard pile go away when you die.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"What do you mean, I can't pay in Meeples?"
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Sometimes it can be avoided, depending on the cards your friends have.

Petra for example can destroy cards in hand, or Armin's Hero ability can move Wound cards around between hands. Christa can do the same thing. Having multiple Wounds in hand isn't fatal until you actually start your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel azpe
Mexico
flag msg tools
thank you so much guys for the quick response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
You die as soon as you play that second Wound from your hand. When you have a death hand like that, step in the way of a bunch of Titans and go out in a blaze of glory. All those extra Wounds in your discard pile go away when you die.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Hi Matt,

How would that work?

If you have two wound cards in your hand, don't you have to play them first, which would result in death, and you would never get the chance to use a "move" card to leap in front of the wall to boldly block the titan attacks?

Or if by chance you were already there outside the wall where a few Titans are, and you are unlucky enough to draw two wound cards into your hand, surely you die instantly and not be alive at the end of the round to soak all that wall damage and go out in style ?

Awesome game by the way, played it for the first time in my group last night, despite a few rule wobbles we managed to beat it, but my friends are expert deckbuilders so I was pretty much taken along for the ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Alan_E wrote:
Matt Hyra wrote:

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Hi Matt,

How would that work?

If you have two wound cards in your hand, don't you have to play them first, which would result in death, and you would never get the chance to use a "move" card to leap in front of the wall to boldly block the titan attacks?

Or if by chance you were already there outside the wall where a few Titans are, and you are unlucky enough to draw two wound cards into your hand, surely you die instantly and not be alive at the end of the round to soak all that wall damage and go out in style ?

Awesome game by the way, played it for the first time in my group last night, despite a few rule wobbles we managed to beat it, but my friends are expert deckbuilders so I was pretty much taken along for the ride.

Yes, you won't be able to Move on your turn with that hand...
My "step in the way" comment wasn't intended as a Move action, but more of a "present yourself to the Titan" and take all the damage kind of way.

Sometimes you know you will be drawing multiple Wounds into your next hand and so you can position yourself on your turn prior to drawing the Death Hand.
But there are a couple of ways to Move when it is not your turn. If you end up with a Death Hand, ask to be moved in the way of a Titan.

Also, when a big Titan is around, chances are your character will already be in position to take all the Wounds and save the day.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Makes sense, thank you.

I now have this vision of Sasha using her hero skill to shove a wounded Armen back over a wall into the path of the Titans to save it !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan_E wrote:
I now have this vision of Sasha using her hero skill to shove a wounded Armen back over a wall into the path of the Titans to save it !

Sasha's hardcore like that.
She don't mess around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.