Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So I played a game today and had an interesting scenario and wanted to see if you guys thought it worked or not. I was playing with Forge and fighting against the MLF. So I had 3 "Reboot" Forge cards that discarded a starter deck card with a Zero in play. Did the discarding for Forge also count as the discarded for Zero?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
crashfach wrote:
So I played a game today and had an interesting scenario and wanted to see if you guys thought it worked or not. I was playing with Forge and fighting against the MLF. So I had 3 "Reboot" Forge cards that discarded a starter deck card with a Zero in play. Did the discarding for Forge also count as the discarded for Zero?

No. If you are discarding the cards to activate Forge's power you cannot discard them a second time to defeat Zero since they are no longer in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Probably won't ever be in Marvel Legendary...
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.
Quote:
Reboot
Tech
2 Recruit
Tech: You may discard a card. If you do, draw two cards.
Cost: 4
To discard a card you must not have played it yet. If you had three of this card then you could only trigger the ability twice unless you played another tech card prior to playing the first Forge card.

EDIT: Never mind Todd cleared everything up!
This post is referencing this villain and not the cost of the starter cards as I thought originally...shake
Quote:
Zero
To fight Zero, you must also discard three cards that cost 0.
Attack: 0*
VP: 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the key to understanding this is that Zero says, "To fight Zero, you must also discard three cards that cost 0," not, "To fight Zero, you must have discarded three cards that cost 0."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Todd, Bryce and Davy are correct. If you have discarded three 0-cost cards to some other effect earlier in the turn, that doesn't satisfy Zero's requirement to discard three 0-cost cards to fight him.

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.