Popular Tags: [View All]
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there..

First I have to say, that I really like the components and I am eager to get my first game running, but I also have to say, that I am not really content witht the rulebook and so I do have some questions:

1. What are zones? Yes, there is ONE foto of a tile with zone, where noise is explained, but nowhere else the rulebook ever explains, what exactly zones are. In the first scenario you can see a radar token placed between two tiles, so it touches both tiles. Is this one zone? Two zones? Is the border between the tiles seperating a zone or not?

2. How do enemies attack? Do they roll dice or just do a fixed damage like in zombicide black plague? Is the titan the only one that rolls dice?

3. Do enemies need to spend action points to attack or not? So can a swarmer move 3 zones and attack or only 2 and attack?

4. In the part about the titan on page 19 you can read: "At least one Boss card must be drawn on the boss' turn" Hu? Of course your draw one...am I correct assuming that there is the word "attack" missing? So "At least on Boss attack card must be drawn on the boss' turn"?

5. Artificial Gravitiy failure event. Who gets pushed back? The Shooter or the target? Nope, it is not clear! I do think it is the shooter, but why the heck, not writing it like that? Read it carefully and you could think, they mean the target!

6. Page 17 Ranged Weapons. I understand that I can't shoot "through" a zone, when there are enemies. How about other survivors? I am confused about this sentence in the example on the page "Her failed shots would hurt the Psychic, because she's directly in the path of the attack" I get that when you try to hit the jaeger in the zone, where the psychic is, that missed shots hurt her. But why using the words "directly in the path of the attack"? That sounds like, even when there wouldn't be a jaeger and I would shot at the swarmer one zone behind, my missed shots would hit the psychic, cause she is in the path of the attack! Why not writing "because she's in the same zone as the jaeger"? Or do I hit another player when I try to shoot through a zone with survivors and
miss?

7. What if I draw a spawn card during the event phase, but the tile, that is mentionend on the drawn spawn card is not in play? Simply ignore it and draw another one or just ignore it?

Really not a big fan of the rulebook right now. But perhaps I just overlooked stuff, so please correct me, if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, the rulebook is not among the best ones I've seen... Especially enemy activation is very briefly and sloppily described.

But I think this is how it goes:
Active enemies spend actions for moving and attacking. First they move towards their target, and if they get in range for attack and there is an action left, each enemy will make one attack.
Enemy attacks don't involve dice rolling, so unless the victim can avoid the damage with an armor or something, they'll get hurt.

Maybe someone can confirm the above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mb
DocMcJansen wrote:

2. How do enemies attack? Do they roll dice or just do a fixed damage like in zombicide black plague? Is the titan the only one that rolls dice?

move + automatic attack, damage is listed on page 55

DocMcJansen wrote:

3. Do enemies need to spend action points to attack or not? So can a swarmer move 3 zones and attack or only 2 and attack?

move 2 zones and always only one attack

DocMcJansen wrote:

5. Artificial Gravitiy failure event. Who gets pushed back? The Shooter or the target? Nope, it is not clear! I do think it is the shooter, but why the heck, not writing it like that? Read it carefully and you could think, they mean the target!

The shooter is flying in opposite direction until he hits a wall and also the target if you hit it.

DocMcJansen wrote:

6. Page 17 Ranged Weapons. I understand that I can't shoot "through" a zone, when there are enemies. How about other survivors? I am confused about this sentence in the example on the page "Her failed shots would hurt the Psychic, because she's directly in the path of the attack" I get that when you try to hit the jaeger in the zone, where the psychic is, that missed shots hurt her. But why using the words "directly in the path of the attack"? That sounds like, even when there wouldn't be a jaeger and I would shot at the swarmer one zone behind, my missed shots would hit the psychic, cause she is in the path of the attack! Why not writing "because she's in the same zone as the jaeger"? Or do I hit another player when I try to shoot through a zone with survivors and
miss?

You are correct, there is always a chance with a missed shoot to hit your own people.

DocMcJansen wrote:

7. What if I draw a spawn card during the event phase, but the tile, that is mentionend on the drawn spawn card is not in play? Simply ignore it and draw another one or just ignore it?

The scenario description tells you which spawn cards to include or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers guys!

Have you played a couple of scenarios? What do you think of the game?

@Burkhard
Are you sure, that I have to hit my fellow survivors when I try to shot at another zone behind that said survivor? I mean I - my survivor - stand in zone A, another surviver in zone B - alone without any enemies - and behind that said zone B is the zone C with two baddies in it.
I now attempt to shot at the enemies in zone C with two pistols (dual wield), roll two dice, hit once and miss the other shot. So, the poor bastard in zone B is getting the bullet in his/her back?! Sure? How do you know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mb
DocMcJansen wrote:
Thanks for the answers guys!

Have you played a couple of scenarios? What do you think of the game?

@Burkhard
Are you sure, that I have to hit my fellow survivors when I try to shot at another zone behind that said survivor? I mean I - my survivor - stand in zone A, another surviver in zone B - alone without any enemies - and behind that said zone B is the zone C with two baddies in it.
I now attempt to shot at the enemies in zone C with two pistols (dual wield), roll two dice, hit once and miss the other shot. So, the poor bastard in zone B is getting the bullet in his/her back?! Sure? How do you know?

Yes, see page 17 Ranged weapons example the picture and text.

I hope to play on Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
1. What are zones? Yes, there is ONE foto of a tile with zone, where noise is explained, but nowhere else the rulebook ever explains, what exactly zones are. In the first scenario you can see a radar token placed between two tiles, so it touches both tiles. Is this one zone? Two zones? Is the border between the tiles seperating a zone or not?

Zones in corridors are denoted by the yellow dotted lines on the floor. If tiles are pushed together then they make a single larger zone, so the radar token in question in the first scenario is actually sitting in one, larger zone created by pushing two game tiles together.

Enemies do not roll dice to attack and do fixed damage. It is only bosses (Titan, Preacher, Primus and Olympian) that roll dice to attack.

Enemies must spend actions to attack, and may only attack once per activation.

4. In the part about the titan on page 19 you can read: "At least one Boss card must be drawn on the boss' turn" Hu? Of course your draw one...am I correct assuming that there is the word "attack" missing? So "At least on Boss attack card must be drawn on the boss' turn"?

I wrote “at least one” because there is the potential to draw multiple cards on the Boss’s turn. Drawing a Mood card would cause you to draw again, and certain attacks also make you draw additional cards.

P15 of the rule book states “ranged attacks cause survivors and enemies to move back in the opposite direction of the zone they fired upon until a solid object obstructs their path. If the survivor/enemy is firing into a zone they occupy, roll the directional die to determine the direction that the attack sends them in.” So it’s the attacker.

miss?

Using the example on P17, any ranged attacks that the Captain makes against the Swarmers still have a chance of hitting the Psychic, because she is occupying the zone between the Captain and the Swarmers. However, if the Captain was to move into the same zone as the Psychic then this wouldn’t be a problem anymore.

If you draw a spawn card for a tile that is not in play, then it is assumed that no event is triggered that round.

Really not a big fan of the rulebook right now. But perhaps I just overlooked stuff, so please correct me, if I am wrong.

I’m sorry if you’re not a big fan of the rulebook, I made every effort to cover as much as I could but there is obviously a few things that I missed and for that I apologise. It was my first time writing a rulebook, and considering the sheer amount of mechanics and missions contained within it, I think it came out pretty good in the end. Not perfect, but I’m definitely proud of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bah, don't sweat it
That's why we have this BGG community, to ask questions and whine about things

But in any case I'm sure an official FAQ makes sense for all these type of questions. why not gathering them and then post a FAQ on your website (linking it here).

anyways, great game, played two scenarios ans loved it. I found thwm a tad too easy. Played the first intro mission and the "Gravity" mission, that is supposed to be hard. I did lose one crew member, but to reach the objective it was just easier to sacrifice her (the captain, lol) by making a ruckus and drawing all enemies away. then the marine picked them out one by one.

The engineer and the medic took out the titan in two rounds with nothing but the plasma cutter and the big melee axe (the "persuader" or something like that). Did I miss something or does the Titan have no armor? I was essentially grinding away something between 4 to 7 wound points per turn and he only managed to place 4 wounds on the engineer and to cause some "resolve" damage (bad luck on drawing his attack cards I guess).

cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Loig wrote:
bah, don't sweat it
That's why we have this BGG community, to ask questions and whine about things

But in any case I'm sure an official FAQ makes sense for all these type of questions. why not gathering them and then post a FAQ on your website (linking it here).

anyways, great game, played two scenarios ans loved it. I found thwm a tad too easy. Played the first intro mission and the "Gravity" mission, that is supposed to be hard. I did lose one crew member, but to reach the objective it was just easier to sacrifice her (the captain, lol) by making a ruckus and drawing all enemies away. then the marine picked them out one by one.

The engineer and the medic took out the titan in two rounds with nothing but the plasma cutter and the big melee axe (the "persuader" or something like that). Did I miss something or does the Titan have no armor? I was essentially grinding away something between 4 to 7 wound points per turn and he only managed to place 4 wounds on the engineer and to cause some "resolve" damage (bad luck on drawing his attack cards I guess).

cheers,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! The great thing about the design is that if you're finding the missions a little too easy then you can simply use radar tokens with a greater number of enemies on them and increase the health of the bosses! The Titan does have armour, but it is one of its mood cards called "Cautious".

There's a little bit of luck involved too, I found that you can replay the same mission and have it go quite the other way with a few bad dice rolls, Resolve cards and enemy spawns.

Have you tried a campaign yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks,
haven't tried a campaign yet. I want to play one when there's more people around my table than just my wife, me and my 6mo old son (he did the sound effects of the dying Swarmers)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Loig wrote:
thanks,
haven't tried a campaign yet. I want to play one when there's more people around my table than just my wife, me and my 6mo old son (he did the sound effects of the dying Swarmers)

Looks like Endure the Stars is fun for the whole family

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlord Games wrote:

The rule book is decent, but this info should definitely have been on page 14, along with the info the GEPs auto hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Chinkster wrote:
Grimlord Games wrote:

The rule book is decent, but this info should definitely have been on page 14, along with the info the GEPs auto hit.

It should of, there's no doubt about it, but we've released a PDF FAQ for download that can be printed off and kept with the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.