Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: solo mode : victory conditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierric DRAÏ
France
flag msg tools
Something I don't understand :
I win if the two players have their biont in 2 different macroorganisms : it's not so easy. And I win too if one player have a macroorganism with his biont and a endosymbiont of the other player. But this way is very easy (I think). So, may be am i wrong ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play.

You'll find out how easy it is(n't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierric DRAÏ
France
flag msg tools
I played and it was easy. 2 purchases per turn. The parasites and the darwinien roll couldn't fight.
But 2 separates organisms without help, it's not the same song. I tried and it is very difficult !
There is a big difference between these 2 ways of playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The beauty of solo play is that you can define your own victory conditions. If it is too easy, set yourself a tougher challenge. Maybe only allow the two organism route to victory. Or require that the single organism must become terrestrial to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierric DRAÏ
France
flag msg tools
Hello,
I agree. That's why I love this game. But I Wondered if I had a good comprehension of the rules because there is a big difference of difficulty between these 2 ways of playing.
A last question : we don't use the parasites of the two colours in play, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Mankowski
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you pick two colors that you will play (e.g. blue and red) and then the AI plays just the parasites of the two other unchosen colors (e.g. green and yellow). In this example, the blue and red parasites would not be in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sebmono wrote:
Correct, you pick two colors that you will play (e.g. blue and red) and then the AI plays just the parasites of the two other unchosen colors (e.g. green and yellow). In this example, the blue and red parasites would not be in play.

They will be in play as your own parasites which can become hyperparasites (and eventually parasites if the original AI's parasite has been consumed). In this way you can have multiple purchases per turn because cubes on (hyper)parasites count as organs for going macro or going terrestrial so it can benefit you indirectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierric DRAÏ
France
flag msg tools
There is no interest for being a hyperparasite. If my hyperparasite become a parasite in a macroorganism, he can't buy organs for the host. He only can buy mutations for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vosarno wrote:
There is no interest for being a hyperparasite. If my hyperparasite become a parasite in a macroorganism, he can't buy organs for the host. He only can buy mutations for him.

- player parasites allow to "friendly parasitize" your other color in solo mode (and not only), to avoid catalyst-spending Enemy parasites. They also allow you to purchase more time per turn, and to "hgt move" (if you have the hgt ability) into or out of any microorganism in home/active row (useful in a variety of cases, inclusing injecting bionts into a soon-to-be macro).

- player parasites and hyperparasites in solo give you VPs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.