Hide
6 Posts

Day Night Z» Forums » General

Subject: Too random? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernesto Pavan
msg tools
So.. less than 28 hours left and I'm still undecided.

Is this game too random? I've watched some gameplay videos and it looks like the only real choice you have is where to move. Everything else seems to boil down to "flip a card over which you have no control and roll dice over which you have little or no control". Am I wrong? Are there actual choices to be made in this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question, There are 4000 comments on the KS and I have followed it from the beginning. Thats the first time someone has asked that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. On top of that, the gameplay video featured a combat where on like 7 straight attacks (player and zombies) no one hit anyone because the dice seem to have too many possible results. Seems like it will really stretch the game out. Perhaps that's intentional (to get more chances at extending from day to night), but it didn't really come across as satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can say (if it can be on any help) is that there is no one that have tried the game I have talked to / asked about DNZ who didn't high praise the game as it is. These people are some fellow (hardcore) gamers, so I am quite comfortable after having their opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erik weber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I could see from all the gameplays, you have loads of choices to make in how you'll go through the city, how you'll deal with the zombies, how to use your action points, when to use items (using a flashlight for example makes you stronger at night, but the zombies will target you), which items to use, you'll have narrative choices to make in the events that don't involve just dice(and there are several), which item you'll try to find when searching a place, you'll have path choices when returning to camp, choices on how to spend survival points, how to upgrade your camp...

There's probably more, but lack of choices isn't what I got from watching the gameplay at all

What I'm actually worried about is that the game will be too fiddly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W

Georgia
msg tools
Seems like a heavily themed, American style game (don't much care for the term Ameritrash) which lends me to believe that it's going to be heavily luck dependent with dice rolls and card based events. I would be surprised, though, if there wasn't skill/experience based manipulations of events and dice rolls as it progresses.

Personally, I enjoy those types of games as it removes the tedium of regurgitating the same game over and over again for chaotic experiences. This fits the theme in my opinion.

I backed the game because it reminded me of a crossover between Zombicide (theme) and Descent (narrative).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.