Subject: Subs Collide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nemisis
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I missed it in the rules but what happens if the subs collide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing. They just pass over each other.

Blue subs are required to cruise 30 meters below the red subs just to avert crashes. I'm pretty sure that's real maritime law and not something I just made up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayvon wrote:
Blue subs are required to cruise 30 meters below the red subs just to avert crashes. I'm pretty sure that's real maritime law and not something I just made up.

LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nemisis
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayvon wrote:

Is this a serious answer?

Kayvon wrote:

This is humorous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemisis wrote:
Kayvon wrote:

Yes, that's right. Thematically it may or may not make sense, but for gameplay reasons that's really the only option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Nemisis wrote:
Kayvon wrote:

Yes, that's right. Thematically it may or may not make sense

It's a deep ocean man. What are the odds they'd hit each other anyways considering the potential variations in depths?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemisis wrote:
Maybe I missed it in the rules but what happens if the subs occupy the same space collide?
FTFY....using the word "collide" already assumes an answer.

Each space on the grid is a large section of the ocean. There's plenty of room for two subs on each space. It just means the subs are close (both would be equally affected by the same explosion, etc...).

In game play, there is no way to know if your opponent occupies the same space as you do as you'll never be 100% certain where they are (except for a turn or two after a direct hit).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Seriously, it is that way in the Aviation world. Why would water be different in a 3 dimensional space. Planes fly at altitudes of 500 fee differentials depending on the compass directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CTwizzle wrote:
Seriously, it is that way in the Aviation world. Why would water be different in a 3 dimensional space. Planes fly at altitudes of 500 fee differentials depending on the compass directions.
There are far fewer subs than air planes, so it's even less likely. When they're trying to be stealthy, they don't want to be predictable. Otherwise, they're both listening and broadcasting to avoid obstacles and each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.