BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: [HELP] Which Boardgames Do These Components Belong To? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Ngo
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
A newly opened board game cafe here in St. Louis, MO just opened and pieces have already been lost or stolen! Ironically, the name of the cafe is Pieces. These components were found on the floor belonging to various games. Can anyone help identify them? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The train looks like one I have in my Dominos set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
The silver 1 looks like Power Grid Deluxe. The green men look like Flashpoint Fire Rescue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the green tokens with running figures belongs to Flash Point Fire Rescue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pear Annoyed wrote:
The train looks like one I have in my Dominos set.

Agreed, they look like the ones you get in Mexican Train.

I can also verify that the green "running man" tokens are from Flash Point: Fire Rescue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ngo
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks you all! This is a huge help! Just pondering the red and white sliders and the camel token left!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SubstancePRx wrote:
A newly opened board game cafe here in St. Louis, MO just opened and pieces have already been lost or stolen! Ironically, the name of the cafe is Pieces. These components were found on the floor belonging to various games.

Thanks for opening another boardgame cafe! Great name!meeple I'm aware that this sort of business can be a huge challenge. I'm sure dealing with "lost or stolen" components is only the beginning.shake

Here's an idea for the inevitable orphaned pieces (as well as components from retired games). Save them in a bin somewhere and let your customers know they are for sale. There are many folks like me out there that enjoy crafting games (Print and Play, Prototypes, Game Pimping, Replacement parts, etc.) We are always looking for component sources. This is often thrift stores, office supply, or dollar stores. I often wish my local game stores and cafes had bins of bits I could rummage through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Random Order wrote:
Here's an idea for the inevitable orphaned pieces (as well as components from retired games). Save them in a bin somewhere and let your customers know they are for sale. There are many folks like me out there that enjoy crafting games (Print and Play, Prototypes, Game Pimping, Replacement parts, etc.) We are always looking for component sources. This is often thrift stores, office supply, or dollar stores. I often wish my local game stores and cafes had bins of bits I could rummage through.

Whoa...

If they belong to games in the store, save them in a lost and found and let players know that if a piece seems missing, that they should check w/ the lost&found bin.

Why would he sell them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The camel token might be from Marrakech.
It looks more gold and less yellow in this image, but there are different editions, or it might be because of the light:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And after having had a look at the games list at
http://www.stlpieces.com/our-games/
my best guess for the sliders is Outburst!. Or one of the other trivia/party games, most likely one with two teams. Too lazy to check if any of the others qualify, but some Outburst editions definitely have similar pieces:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ngo
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Great idea @James about selling potential pieces, but I believe they would rather find the homes and preserve the games!

Thanks to everyone that helped solve the mystery locations of the pieces! Solid work BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barragan
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The running tokens are from Flash point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.