Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the more advanced rules, you earn objectives by sending your ants to the nest and delivering the gathered resource(s). That sounds more interesting, but I have some questions about how that is actually achieved.

If it is one ant on the board returning with one resource, this is obvious.

However, what if you have multiple ants of the same type running around collecting multiple resources. Do you keep track of which ant is holding which resource(s)? That would be tricky keeping track of. Or do you simply have one ant come back and you discard the given objective resources and score the card?

And if that is the case, is it allowable for one ant to camp out in the nest, and he/she counts as the delivery guy for the others as they are gathering the resources above ground? (That would be a little too convenient) Or does a different ant actually have to be entering the nest each time to count as being the delivery ant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Tar
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lukas4 wrote:
In the more advanced rules, you earn objectives by sending your ants to the nest and delivering the gathered resource(s). That sounds more interesting, but I have some questions about how that is actually achieved.

If it is one ant on the board returning with one resource, this is obvious.

However, what if you have multiple ants of the same type running around collecting multiple resources. Do you keep track of which ant is holding which resource(s)? That would be tricky keeping track of. Or do you simply have one ant come back and you discard the given objective resources and score the card?

And if that is the case, is it allowable for one ant to camp out in the nest, and he/she counts as the delivery guy for the others as they are gathering the resources above ground? (That would be a little too convenient) Or does a different ant actually have to be entering the nest each time to count as being the delivery ant?

In ExperiAntced level, when your ants gather resources, they end up directly in your nest as in the other levels.

However, the difference is when you want to complete objectives. When you want to do so, as the objectives are all laid out on the table and not in your hand, you must use an ant of the appropriated type to go in your nest's library to complete the objective you want!

To do so, you must have gathered the appropriate resources prior to complete the objective.

Example: If you want to complete an objective with 1 blueberry, you must first gather a blueberry with a farmer if you don't already have one, then on a later action send a farmer to the library to complete this objective.

Since you don't have any objective cards in hands, other players see what objectives you are seeking and thus can either steal them to you (completing then before you) or hamper your plans using the predators! The game is more cutthroat this way as you can really mess up other player's plans!

I hope this answer your question, if you want more details please feel free to ask, I'm glad you're playing BrilliAnts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your example was the first scenario I described, and I understand that completely.

But say I have two farmers. One has gathered a blueberry. The other has gathered a strawberry. Do both have to go back to the nest to collect the points for the 6 point blueberry/strawberry objective? Or does only one have to go?

In other words, once you collect a resource, does it go into a common pool in front of the player? It makes a difference. One ant may be two spaces away from the nest. The other ant may be twelve spaces away from the nest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Tar
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lukas4 wrote:
Your example was the first scenario I described, and I understand that completely.

But say I have two farmers. One has gathered a blueberry. The other has gathered a strawberry. Do both have to go back to the nest to collect the points for the 6 point blueberry/strawberry objective? Or does only one have to go?

In other words, once you collect a resource, does it go into a common pool in front of the player? It makes a difference. One ant may be two spaces away from the nest. The other ant may be twelve spaces away from the nest.

Ok, I understand better what you meant!

Yes, when you collect resources they go in a common pool in your nest directly. Then, to complete 1 objective, you only need 1 ant of the good type that goes in the nest library, as long as you have already gathered the right resources and have them in your common pool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.