Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just scored the Batman Two Player Starter Set (Gotham Knights VS League of Assassins)at Goodwill today, I've digested the rules, but I have two questions that have arisen, hoping to clear them up before I play with my wife.

1. If I play a Plot Twist as a Resource on turn one and it's Threshold cost is 1 (Shadow of the Bat, for example), can I play it? By that question I mean does the card count as a Resource to play itself? Further, do other revealed resources (such as locations) still count towards my overall total?

2. If two characters stun each other in an attack, but one still has additional damage (Attacker 3/2 vs Defender 2/2), does that additional point of damage spill over to the defender in addition to the recruit cost for being stunned? And in this situation, both players take that cost to Endurance?

Man, I wish I had found this game back in '04/05 when it was popular. Seems like a great little game system. If anyone has a lead on some boosters or a couple of decks they don't want anymore, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Chrysopoulos
Greece
Thessaloniki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, you can still play it. Cards at the resource row are resources and provide resource points for recruiting whether face up or face down.
2. Yes. The spill over is called breakthrough in game terms and can be negated by providing reinforcement to the defender. Both players take the stun endurance loss.

VS system is IMHO one of the best TCG and I hope you enjoy it with your wife
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think it was one of the best CCGs ever too. Building a formation... and picking it apart... is really what puts this over the top for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Lenge
Canada
flag msg tools
I still have cards ( mor - mev) (dor - dcl) left if somebody is interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.