United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We really wanted to add a fifth player so we decided to play with the Level 2 cards and manually track the fifth player (hey, wanted to include my wife in the game with my two oldest friends and my son). It's worked pretty well so far. We've felt challenged and have had characters KO'd. It's a lot like it was when we played Level 1 monsters with just the four players. It's a big of administration to track everything outside the game for the fifth players but we've had a good time so who cares?

Curious about how others have handled this kind of thing. We'd love if the app allowed for manual ads of items, but realize that might be out of scope of the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you can do is assign somebody as a "Gamemaster".

There is enough work to be done with moving monsters, rolling their attack and defense dice, reading flavor texts and interacting with the app.

And since the "Gamemaster" only does what the app tells him to do, there usually is no antagonistic relationship to the heroes, as it is often the case with a human overlord.

I have done this multiple times when we had 5 people and it was a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword Wraith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we just recently started a campaign. love this app. it allowed this great game back to the table. I was going to pose the question about 5 players. thanks for the answer! act 2 cards! I was going to ask if maybe we just spawn one more minion or something like that. the only question I have is, are the act 2 cards used later on in any of the quests? I know with playing as the overloard in 1.0 I was able to adjust the monsters difficulty(stats) on the fly. I was playing with some very experienced d&d veterans. if the act 2 cards are used maybe a stat change could be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will carlton
msg tools
We have group of 6. We have be playing RTL with myself as the gamemaster guided by the app and 5 players. We manually track the 5 player. We are new to Descent so challenge level has been fine, but I can see a need to ramp things up as the players start to master the game (very high functioning group.) I am trying to inject more of a role playing element to the game as we go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.