Subject: The Week was June 6th, 2007! Late as usual!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Beasley
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
That week’s particular Wednesday Game Night at the IHOP on Youree Drive at East Bert Kouns Industrial Loop went a little bit different, but which one hasn’t been just a little bit different, right? David “When do I get to kill someone” (I was recently advised to not use last names in future Blogs what with identity theft and all that these days) came in after myself, followed by John “The Black Night Lite.” “Flamingly Straight” Chris had called me earlier to inform me that he was going to stop by and drop of his games, duck out to go to a Japanese Language Meet-Up and then come right back. So of course Chris was the next to arrive and I asked John if he had ever played Ticket to Ride?’ He replied in the negative and so David, John and I began to set-up ‘Ticket to Ride’ when Brandon “The Gay Hairstylist Wannabe” arrived for the festivities. As I remember it Chris and I were discussing the interesting conversation with Sarah the previous evening, no not the Sarah “Smart Blondie” from Coushatta, but the local teacher Sarah that will sometimes stop by our table at Barnes & Nobles Bookstore. Anyway while we were trying to clarify exactly which Sarah we were talking about she, teacher Sarah arrived to be our 5th for a nice friendly game of ‘Ticket to Ride.’ If you’ve never played ‘Ticket to Ride’ it is a wonderful game involving 2 decks of cards, a map of (in this case) the original 48 States of America. Everyone’s goal is to create as many connections from city to city and to complete any tickets that they draw from the ticket deck by claiming pieces of track of numbered in 1 through 6 links each by collecting the correct number of colored train cards or locomotives, wild cards, from the train deck. It a very fun game that I will enjoy playing over and over again and I’m very happy that, James, another member of our little group introduce us to it (I sure hope that he will find time to rejoin us for a game sometime once again in the future). The only thing that has remained a mystery & subject of much debate around the ‘Ticket to Ride’ game table is whether one of the colors of the train cars are pink or purple. Come join us for a game sometime and tell us your opinion of the game and the color, I personally say that it’s PINK!

Well, the next person to arrive was our occasional gal, Sarah from Coushatta and not too far behind her was Chris back with the news that the other Japanese speakers didn’t meet up with him. Well, Chris and Sarah just talked to the group and each other until we were finished playing ‘Ticket to Ride.’ Well, I should say that Chris talked to Sarah & the group while Sarah spoke to most of the group and flirted with Brandon, LOL! BRANDON, LEAVE HER ALONE IF I CAN’T HAVE HER NO ONE CAN!!!!!!! just kidding…

I ended up winning ‘Ticket to Ride,’ with David coming in 2nd, followed by John, then teacher Sarah and for our game of ‘Ticket to Ride’ Brandon was our biggest looser.

Upon the conclusion of ‘Ticket to Ride’ Brandon & teacher Sarah bid us an a due and Chris brought what is becoming one of our favorite games, of his anyway, Zombies!!! David sure loves ‘Zombies!!!’ because he gets to death/murder/kill all night long and we are all learning that sometimes in ‘Zombies!!!’ it’s best to be killed rather than it would be to walk all the way back through town (a slight flaw in it’s design). ‘Zombies!!!’ ended well for David. He was it's greatest player by reaching the helicopter pad before any of the rest of us. John and I managed to have killed and kept 11 Zombies by the end of the game placing us in a tie for 2nd place. Chris came in 3rd/4th with 8 Zombie kills and Sarah lead up the rear in 4th/5th place only having killed 6 of the undead creatures.

After our deadly game of ‘Zombies!!!’ everyone was either dead tire or was going home to sleep for another day of work the next morning. Which brought an end to another successful Wednesday Game Night of the Ark-La-Tex Gamers Association.

This Blog is now being posted at www.Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/A-L-T_Games, http://altgames.gather.com/ and to GameBoardGeek.com (but, I don’t know how to direct you to that Blog as of this moment).

“Mr. Inappropriate” Al

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.