Subject: Action Designator Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just want to check if I'm playing the action designators correctly.

If I have the Machete asset card in play and I choose to use its fight ability as one of my actions, do I also have to use another of my three actions to instigate the fight against an enemy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It counts as one of your three initial actions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use an action on an asset, which has the -> Fight wording, the activation includes the fight action, so you will get to fight as part of the activation and will not have to spend an additional avtion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cheers guys.
Turns out I was playing it wrong, making it much harder for my self lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, to me it seemed redundant to choose to use the activated ability with the keyword "Fight" (one action) and then have to choose "Fight" (to fight an enemy) from the list of actions you can do during the investigator phase.

This is one of those times where I think some people just want the game to be much harder than it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Yup, to me it seemed redundant to choose to use the activated ability with the keyword "Fight" (one action) and then have to choose "Fight" (to fight an enemy) from the list of actions you can do during the investigator phase.

This is one of those times where I think some people just want the game to be much harder than it is.

I think people might want to activate multiple weapons and then fight with a combined bonus. You aren't allowed to do it of course, but I understand the urge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.