4 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » General

Subject: Does the game feel very short? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Persson
Denmark
flag msg tools
I have no idea if I am right about this, I have only played a few standard games so far, but looking at the other game modes I can't help but wonder if the game feels really short?

The fact that you move the turn timer during each players turn means that in a 4 player game each player will only get 5 rounds. That just seems really unsatisfying to me, but I could be wrong?

I know I could just play the game myself to find out, but I wont have another game night for the next couple of weeks and it is just something that is on my mind since I am considering whether or not to keep the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen vdHorst
Netherlands
Gelderland
flag msg tools
Yes the standard game can be short. But the Epic and Alliance with the third level can be much longer.
I played the epic game with my girlfriend and it lasts more than three hours. The third level can be a real challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only use the turn marker in Alliance mode?

Standard do feel short, but I like that it is just a quick romp, as you can be easily screwed by cards and bad luck. That would suck, if the game was much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolfe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is made to play quick. If you want a short game, the Standard mode is the way to go. However, I think Epic mode is the full game experience. If your gaming group doesn't like take-that, then play Alliance.

The turn limits in Alliance is the challenge. You try to optimize your turn to progress as much as you can through the dungeon. Your teammates help with that by playing Treasure cards while the Evil cards & monster spawns screw you over. The focus is on the team not the individual. It is satisfying when you succeed as a team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.