Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Please add a coop(and solo)mode or a campaign mode to the game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This game has so much potential.I will probably back the game anyways, but i think a cooperative mode or a campaign mode with choices between each games would add so much to the game and attract more backers.

Of course add those features only if it work with the design of this game.

Please consider my suggestion AEG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what if it's not made for solo? I'd rather have no solo then a tacked on version. You can always make your own solo version post purchase. That's what I do for most of my games.

Note: I'd be willing to bet solo rules are a "stretch goal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
And what if it's not made for solo? I'd rather have no solo then a tacked on version. You can always make your own solo version post purchase. That's what I do for most of my games.

Anytime there is a co-op mode, that is the only way we'll play a game. So, I am very much in agreement with this idea.

Though, is there a co-op mode for Dominion? No, and that works just fine the way it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Renaud
Canada
Mission
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-op mode will basically be the determining point for whether I back. Competitive games don't see much time on my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:

And I'd rather have a tacked-on solo rules than no solo rules. I'm sorry, but I don't understand this mentality. Sure, well-thought out solo rules would be best. But any rules are better than none, if you consider them tacked-on then don't play solo. I don't see what you are using by these rules existing. My wife claims Thunderstone is her favourite game, she has never played solo, nor has she even read the rules, their existence does not hurt the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PonSquared wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Anytime there is a co-op mode, that is the only way we'll play a game. So, I am very much in agreement with this idea.

Though, is there a co-op mode for Dominion? No, and that works just fine the way it is.

I guess part of the contrast with Dominion is that the current edition had coop and solo rules so expecting that form the new edition is not that strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
skyzero wrote:

And I'd rather have a tacked-on solo rules than no solo rules. ... Sure, well-thought out solo rules would be best. But any rules are better than none,

You must not play solo very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Detective Conan
msg tools
I play Thunderstone Advance solo much more often than with my friends (because when we are together, we usually play Pathfinder roleplaying game).

For me, I found the solo mode very well suited for this game. With all the Thunderstone advance expansions, of course the replayability is already great : but I was hoping to see even more expansions for this specific game. But the new incarnation of Thunderstone might be more oriented for multiplayer than the Advance one... So I am presently not jumping with joy. But I understand people interested in competitive card games to be excited. Lucky them !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
borsook wrote:
skyzero wrote:

And I'd rather have a tacked-on solo rules than no solo rules. I'm sorry, but I don't understand this mentality. Sure, well-thought out solo rules would be best. But any rules are better than none, if you consider them tacked-on then don't play solo. I don't see what you are using by these rules existing. My wife claims Thunderstone is her favourite game, she has never played solo, nor has she even read the rules, their existence does not hurt the game.

The problem here is that as soon as there are official solo rules, it will interest a lot of people. These people will then buy the game. If the solo rules are "tacked-on", those people will be upset, causing a lot of bad press for the game.

I love solo games, and would love for this one to have a great solo rules. Unfortunately, it seems this game isn't designed for solo. Creating a poor rule set to appease people will probably do the opposite, by causing people who were excited about solo rules to be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this not designed for Solo coop?

For me it seems the Competitive side is tacked on.

The whole "i Go into the dungeon to kill Monsters" doesnt lend itself to competitive play.... it screams coop "lets Defense the village"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm another one for solo mode (or coop) as I don't have any actual gaming friends near me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really looks like you could solo/coop this out of the box, at least with initial impressions. The only competitive I see so far is getting victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.