Hide
11 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Private Longship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G R
msg tools
If you purchase a PRIVATE longship (the one with glory on it) is it yours to use all game over and over, or it is a one time use (and you get the glory assigned when buying it).

I know you need to assign a worker to BUY it, then another to USE it. So IF you keep it the whole game, do you get to use it each round if you assign a worker to it?

Also when you assign a worker to a ship journey, do you assign food/vikings to it at that moment, or at the end of the turn before all combat starts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you purchase a longship (by sending your meeple to the shipwright) it is yours to use as much as you want from that point forward, at no additional cost. You do not immedietly score the glory on it however, the scoring of it occurs during the end game final scoring (altho technically I guess it doesnt matter as theres no way to lose it or anything).

Yes. To use your boat, place your meeple on it in front of you, then move the tile to whichever sailing lane you choose. You will then assign your dice and food and place it all on the tile later, during the assigment phase (after everyones instant actions are done).

All dice get assigned during the assignment phase, which is after all worker placement spots are carried out. You assign some dice to troll, some for dragur, and some for longship. Only those that are assigned can fight their specific target. No more can be added after each battle. Then, each fight plays out using only those dice assigned to each battle. Survivors come back to your player board. Killed dice go back to the general supply.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to keep and use the ship for the entirety of the game after you purchase it. It's not explicitly stated in the rules, but implied when it says to use them on any round and to treat them like the public ships (which return every time).

You add food and vikings during the Assign Viking Warriors step (which is after the Worker Placement step, but before the Combat Step). Which means you do not assign them at the moment you use a worker to grab and assign the ship (which is nice, it gives you some extra time to grab some last minute resources for the journey!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
To use it place your meeple on it in front of you, then assign your dice and food and place it all on the board in whatever slot your going to sail towards.

This part isn't correct. You place your meeple on it and place the longship on the board; then in the next phase you place vikings and food on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I wasnt saying thats in the right the order, was making more of a general summary of the rule, I will edit that now to be more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Yes, I wasnt saying thats in the right the order, was making more of a general summary of the rule, I will edit that now to be more clear.

I figured something like that had happened since you were clear in the next paragraph about placing all dice in the next phase; I just didn't want someone to read it as the explicit way to use a private longship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pseudacris wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

I figured something like that had happened since you were clear in the next paragraph about placing all dice in the next phase; I just didn't want someone to read it as the explicit way to use a private longship.

Yep. No prob. Edited for correctness meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
To use it place your meeple on it in front of you, then (during the assignment phase that occurs after all meeples are placed), assign your dice and food and place it all on the board in whatever slot your going to sail towards.

I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there's still an error. You place your worker meeple on the ship and immediately place the ship into the distant harbor you want to sail to. Then place dice and food onto the ship that is already on the board in the next phase.

You get to "reserve" your sailing location when you claim the ship action, you do not wait to put the ship on a location until after you load it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! Yet another edit incoming meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Magallanes
msg tools
Just to be clear, could I buy a longship with my first worker then immediately place it on a distant shore location with my second worker or would I have to wait for my next turn after other players place their first workers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deftoneddy wrote:
Just to be clear, could I buy a longship with my first worker then immediately place it on a distant shore location with my second worker or would I have to wait for my next turn after other players place their first workers?
You would need to wait for your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.