Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynn
United States
Hastings
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pandemic Iberia resulted in an epic argument with my wife, as she thought Petri dishes looked horrible, my on the brink insert from the spare Pandemic expansion was thought to be hideous, and how dare I use plastic baggies on something of that vintage?

We scowered the Internet and Amazon for ANYTHING that we could agree on, and finally settled on a broken token box repurposed for the effort... except my post surgery fogged brain forgot to allow space for the board and book. Now it stuck the box up about 1.5" and it was angering me every time I saw it. I set out to find a solution that did not cause my wife to divorce me, and wouldn't make my eye twitch every time I looked at our games shelves.

I found a Pandemic 2 piece box on one of the forums, and after assembling tiny boxes that looked like pandemic, legacy, on the brink, and in the lab boxes, I felt ready to try my own hand at Iberia solutions. I carefully cut a piece of card stock to make a template from the small boxes, then spent the afternoon with my color copier and color printouts from the art book, board, and some cards creating mosaics on the copier glass and printing them out onto the cardstock.

In the end, here is my results:

I plan to make custom boxes for the cards as well, but for now they are stashed in prototypes of other boxes I printed off to experiment.

This is the size I used to make the token boxes:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/125712/paper-box-cards

This is the size I plan to use to make the deck boxes:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/114160/paper-box-card...

I like to separate the player draw deck into the "always" cards and the "these change" cards. Originally I intended to tuck the role, action, and variant cards into that second box, but the spacing of the entire setup required the addition of a fourth box. In the end, I like this, as it makes 2 person setup go much faster, as one grabs the infection and role cards boxes, and the other grabs and sets up the player deck. Whoever finishes first sets up the microscopes and pulls the required tracking tokens. The small boxes sit neatly to either side of the board, and the rail/water tokens can be split between the two box halves, allowing a supply to be placed quickly within reach of all sides of the board.

My wife has requested I find a way to paper the box bottom with the original box insert pattern. I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this yet, but it will be my next plan after I finish fixing the boxes to be thematic for the decks.

Rejected storage solutions!

I ordered Petri dishes online (60 mm x 15 mm, 3 Vents) originally to store Iberia, thus kicking off the great fight of 2017. Here is how everything fits in those Petri dishes for Iberia, along with how I organized it all in the box.

I won't show you the horror that was the mistake I made on the broken token box, it was a crime against nature of my own accidental doing. Just, don't ever forget the board measurements!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn
United States
Hastings
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was able to get some more work done on my Pandemic Iberia storage upgrade...

I photocopied the original insert and made a paper and cardstock version to fit my box.

I finished the deck boxes too, with more photocopier ninja skills:

All the lids off and how I broke things up for storage:

This would have been far easier with access to photoshop, but I'm happy with how it turned out anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn
United States
Hastings
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
runtsta wrote:
Very cool!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
This is some awesome work. I love Iberia's design on the insert. It reminds me of patterns from Vera Bradley. I would love to do a storage solution exactly like this one day. Great job man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.