Popular Tags: [View All]
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A unit with a negative magical factor extracts a loss before the rest of combat is resolved. But then what is the magical strength used to resolve the rest of the attack? Is it "1" or perhaps the absolute value of the negative number if stacked alone? Do you subtract the negative factors from a stack of magical numbers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, a negative MgF unit just causes a number of losses and that's its only combat effect, it doesn't attack again magically. Only if there are other units in its stack would there be any further combat, and only involving the other non-negative MgF units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There would have to be some further combat if the unit with negative magic factors were defending alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the new rules, units with 0 or negative MgF cannot use spirit magic, and cannot be chosen as casualties of spirit magic unless the loss exceeds the total of all non-negative MgFs defending.

In other words, if the chaos unit is defending alone, it is eliminated if it must take any casualties from spirit magic. If it is stacked with other units, it is ignored, and lost only if all the rest are eliminated and there are still casualties to be taken.

I can't give you a more definitive answer, as WB&RM didn't have negative MgF units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I found this in the rules, page 39 rule 11:

'When a unit with a negative MgF is attacked, the attacker must automatically lose as many units, Magical or Physical, as the negative MgF before combat is resolved. Such units are automatically destroyed when they are attacked Magically or is in the ZOC of a Shaman.'

Though it certainly could be clearer, I'm fairly certain that the 'such units' is referring here to the attacked negative MgF units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.