Subject: Severely bent/warping player mats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. I have been having issues with my Scythe player mats warping. I have really enjoyed the game thus far but the player mats have been making the experience a bit annoying. They have warped to the point that piece are no longer staying on them reliably.

I have tried adjusting the humidity in my house (no apparent effect), placing heavy books on them for long time periods, and bending them backward. The mats always seem to bend back to their warped state.

I understand that warping/bending is somewhat unavoidable with board games in general. However I feel that my particular case has moved from a minor annoyance to making the game physically more difficult to play since the mats are so warped. I imagine that the double-layer cardboard construction may be what is making this a bit more of a significant issue.

Short of requesting new mats from Stonemeier games, does anyone have any other tips for dealing with warped cardboard game mats? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second this. I just bought my copy yesterday, and after playing one game solo (probably 2.5 hours) the faction and player boards that were in use were already warping to a noticeable degree. Was wondering if this was a widespread issue or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Warped faction mats
Component warping
Cardboard bending
Warping player mats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarcuS wrote:

Beat me to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the player mats are slightly more likely to be prone to warping than regular mats because they're comprised of 2 separate layers glued together. Unfortunately I think it's just the price to pay for having dual-layered mats of this quality.

My mats have a bend to them, and I just bend them gently the other way before I play. They're fine for the duration of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do the same as Jamey from time to time. I've also had good results alternating the facedown side of the mats as I store them back in the box from game to game. That, more than anything, has really helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'll give these a go before my next game and see if they help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.