Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » General

Subject: Modded sectors with dev kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJ O

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people do with their dev kits to print onto them to create the modded sectors? I've seen a lot of great artwork for modded sectors in the file section but I am curious as to how people transfer those images onto the actual hard copy dev kit sectors. Any help on this would be great thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
North Charleston
SOUTH CAROLINA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up making my own additional tiles for use with the fan-made options available. However, the same technique would work equally well with the dev kit tiles. I simply printed the custom tiles on full sheet labels. I bought them from Amazon. It's basically an 8.5 x 11 sheet of sticker paper, but not glossy. Most of the custom tiles are already to scale, so print them directly onto the label sheet at "actual size", cut them out, and stick them on. In my case, I used matboard bought from a craft store (like what you'd use to create a fancy border for a framed picture). It's cheap and happens to be just the right thickness to match the tiles from the game. I put those printed stickers right on there, then I color the edges black (personal preference) with a sharpie. They shuffle just fine with the base game tiles and you can't really tell them apart other than the gloss vs matte of the printed ones. Still, we've had great success with that technique so far. As for the actual dev kit tiles, we tend to just use them as empty space to make the board more interesting. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian H
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmnNate wrote:
I ended up making my own additional tiles for use with the fan-made options available. However, the same technique would work equally well with the dev kit tiles. I simply printed the custom tiles on full sheet labels. I bought them from Amazon. It's basically an 8.5 x 11 sheet of sticker paper, but not glossy. Most of the custom tiles are already to scale, so print them directly onto the label sheet at "actual size", cut them out, and stick them on. In my case, I used matboard bought from a craft store (like what you'd use to create a fancy border for a framed picture). It's cheap and happens to be just the right thickness to match the tiles from the game. I put those printed stickers right on there, then I color the edges black (personal preference) with a sharpie. They shuffle just fine with the base game tiles and you can't really tell them apart other than the gloss vs matte of the printed ones. Still, we've had great success with that technique so far.

"snap"

print the sectors onto sticky labels (you can get full page labels) and stick them straight onto the dev tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.