6 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob question about returning to stealthy and damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I played my first few games and wasn't sure about a situation.
I had 2 commandos on a small tile both stealthy. During the enemy phase they busted the barricade and 2 soldier reinforcements entered my tile. I failed both stealth checks and became visible. The 2 solders plus 1 from an adjacent small tile attacked.

1)My first question is do I roll all the dice for the 3 soldiers and divide up the damage on the 2 commandos how I wish?

During my next action phase I killed the 2 soldiers on my tile
2)Do I automatically become stealthy?
3)Or Would I have to kill the soldier in the next tile to be stealthy again?
4)Or would I have to kill the soldier and do a move into the small tile with no soldiers to become stealthy?

Loving this game.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garstig wrote:

1)My first question is do I roll all the dice for the 3 soldiers and divide up the damage on the 2 commandos how I wish?

Roll all the dice. Distribute the damage among the commandos as you like, except that you have to apply damage to a different commando if the other cannot take any more damage (i.e. already has 3 wounds)
See rule book p.12 bottom right)

Garstig wrote:
During my next action phase I killed the 2 soldiers on my tile
2)Do I automatically become stealthy?
3)Or Would I have to kill the soldier in the next tile to be stealthy again?
4)Or would I have to kill the soldier and do a move into the small tile with no soldiers to become stealthy?

You can only become stealthy by
a) moving to a small tile that has no enemies on it (rule book p.4 and p.5 top left)
b) moving stealthily to a medium tile that has no enemies on it (rule book p.4 and p.5 top left)
c) putting on a German uniform on a tile where there are no enemies. (rule book p.19. bottom right)

The designer answered the whole thing with stealth and visibility in another thread:
(https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1682542/becoming-stealt... half way down the page)
Your stealthy / visible status changes every time you move onto a tile.

Commando doing a "moving" action onto small tile become stealthy.
Commando doing a "moving" action onto medium tile becomes visible.
Commando doing a "stealthy move onto medium tile" action onto medium tile becomes stealthy.
Commando doing a "moving" action onto large tile becomes visible.

If there is an enemy unit on the destination tile, 2 options:
Commando was stealthy before entering the tile: he must perform a stealth check.
Commando was visible before entering the tile: he is visible when he enters onto the tile (the enemy sees him coming) + reaction fire from each enemy unit on destination tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok got it now! Thanks for the quick reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One thing the designer didn't mention: Reaction fire is done by the enemies on the departure tile and on the destination tile. Hits are based on the hit value of the departure tile.

Whatever happens (even if you go critical), the move is done and you end up on the destination tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Petersen
United States
Stanwood
WA
flag msg tools
The weird thing to me is if I am in a medium tile and I am visible...per the rules I can only become stealthy in that tile by putting on a German uniform. Same with being visible in a small tile.

If there are NO enemies in the tile I should be able to go stealthy by spending actions points while still in that tile.

I am there, with no one around, I have time to find cover.

Unless the whole point is that I became visible because of the German units who I ran into while in that tile so the whole place is on higher alert and so it's not going to work to find cover in the tile I'm on as they will be searching heavily in that tile if they ever come...the only way is to wear a German uniform to trick them....I could live with that explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Leber
Germany
flag msg tools
Simply, i think, it is a desgin decision to become stealthy only by moving stealthy on to a small or medium tile or by putting on a german uniform, because just staying on the tile and use one action would be to easy.

Second, i seem to recall that it was said, that you should treat it as if a german soldier watches the terrain from a higher spot off the terrain. So when your commandos become visible he watches your commandos. So i think of moving on a different tile as moving out of sight of the watching soldier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.